Who will lead the Gophers in receiving yards in 2014?

• Eric Carter

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Isaac Fruechte

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Isaiah Gentry

• Melvin Holland Jr

Votes: 5 4.6%
  • Logan Hutton

• Donovahn Jones

Votes: 19 17.4%
  • KJ Maye

Votes: 5 4.6%
  • Maxx Williams

Votes: 39 35.8%
  • Drew Wolitarsky

Votes: 31 28.4%
  • Other

Votes: 4 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

Doc you need to vote. I voted for Wolitarski and he has one vote. I had a little trouble deciding between Wolitarski and Williams but feel that Wolitarski will become that go to possession WR. If not one of those two the dark horse candidate is K J Maye.

Drew "The Second Coming of Eric (I'm too lazy too look up c vs k) Decker" Wolitarsky!!

That just reminded me, how brutal was it when Mike Mayock would pronounce it "ARRRick" Decker?

Doc you need to vote. I voted for Wolitarski and he has one vote. I had a little trouble deciding between Wolitarski and Williams but feel that Wolitarski will become that go to possession WR. If not one of those two the dark horse candidate is K J Maye.

Polls don't work using Tapatalk. I'll also go with Woli.

The poll wasn't up yet when I made my pick. It is now, and I voted for Wolitarsky.

I picked Maxx but it really could be a handful of guys.

this is a great question. Injuries will change the the end results. so if you ask without anyone getting injured I will Say Williams. I believe they will use him in many ways this year but he can gets lots of yards on those 3rd and mid range post patterns

I'll go Jones, with Edwards having more yards than a lot of receivers though too.

No idea, but young QBs tend to focus on one receiver. Depends on what pass he becomes most comfortable with throwing. I'll guess Maye.

Why isn't Berkley on here? I'll pick him since he'll take a short pass to the house at least 1x/game.

Voted for KJ Maye. Dual threat on the ground and as a receiver. I think he'll be getting a lot of short passes that turn in to big gainers. I like what I've seen from him this fall and I think he'll carry that momentum into the season. He also seems to have avoided the injury bug giving him more opportunity.

This: "he'll take a short pass to the house at least 1x/game."

The receiving on this team will be interesting to see. We have some returning potential, but no one on the edge that is a guaranteed big impact guy. We recruited some talent as well, but Kill has really gone out of his way to limit any expectations on those guys (and is usually being straight). I'm not really sure how our WR situation will look at the end of the year.

I say Isaac Fruechte or Logan Hutton. I think that experience with the team will win over potential talent this year.

Here are final receiving numbers.

Williams - 569
Maye - 298
Fruechte - 292
Jones - 253
Cobb - 162
Wolitarsky - 106
Thomas - 41
Plsek - 53
Edwards - 24
Lingen - 18
Leidner - 9
Goodger - 9
Williams - 6
Carter - 4

Here are final receiving numbers.

Williams - 569
Maye - 298
Fruechte - 292
Jones - 253
Cobb - 162
Wolitarsky - 106
Thomas - 41
Plsek - 53
Edwards - 24
Lingen - 18
Leidner - 9
Goodger - 9
Williams - 6
Carter - 4

The 2015 version of this poll is going to be very interesting. Maxx was a fairly easy guess last year, this year it will be wide open as we have no clue what to expect from all the new faces.

Top Bottom