Mathieu: When it comes to best PGs in the country, I think I'm in that race.

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Nice article, per Marcus:

Minnesota coach Richard Pitino was surprised Mathieu didn't get invited to any elite point guard camps this summer, including one that NBA all-star Chris Paul held recently. Hollins was there last year.

"I was kind of mad; I'm not going to lie," Mathieu said. "I was really mad because when it comes to the best point guards in the country, I think I'm in that race. But I'm still nobody. I still have to make a name for myself. I'm going to go out there and play the same way I did and try to be as aggressive as possible and try to make my team better."

Hollins is excited about how good he and Mathieu can be as a tandem, especially because he has recovered from ankle and hip injuries that limited his impact at the end of last season.

"We want to end on a great note and make a run in the NCAA tournament," Hollins said. "It's not too early to think about. If you don't set goals, then why are we pushing so hard? It's the end result that we're working hard for right now."

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci...rce=rss&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Go Gophers!!

Traevon Jackson somehow got invited to CP3's elite guard camp, yet Deandre didn't. The world isn't fair:cry:

Top Bottom