Site Plan for the NEW U of M Athletes Village (practice facilities)

GoGophers2005

Reaction score
Here is the site plan for the new U of M Athletes Village (Football and Basketball practice facilities). Obviously things can change once they are more designed but for the most part this will be the footprints for what will be built.

As you can see each part of the project will be a separate building and this is due to all of the existing utilities that are on site. This site was once part or extension of the adjacent neighborhood and when they converted this land to athletic department use they kept all of the utilities in place that ran down the middle of the roads that once ran through the site. So to save money on having to move utilities they are keeping everything right where it is. Good idea, plus allows each building to take on a shape of its own.

It also looks like the training table and the academic portion of the upgrades will be Phase I, with the football portion as Phase II. Basketball is Phase III.

Things are starting to come together.

District_Improvement_Study_2014-Aug 15.jpg

So there would be TWO indoor fields? Nice. I like the site plan. It sure would be nice to have a shovel in the ground.

I think it would be prudent and wait for Sid to announce the real plan that they'll break ground on in the coming weeks.

So there would be TWO indoor fields? Nice. I like the site plan. It sure would be nice to have a shovel in the ground.

Makes sense to add a second indoor facility for baseball and other sports to use with out needing to share the same field as football. Looks like it will be a great setup when it is all said and done, of course we are looking at something that is going to take multiple years to get done once they finally are able to get started. Still like the vision.

Hopefully Sid has his ear to the ground on this one. :cool:

Top Bottom