STrib Q&A: Director of Basketball Operations Nate Pomeday

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the STrib:

What will your main duties be with Minnesota?
It's really all-encompassing. Josh Adel is very experienced in the operations standpoint, so I'm really leaning on him a lot. He has a good base knowledge of how things run at the university. I think I really need to be a point person for a lot of the internal/ external communications through the program and really help take a lot of things off coach Pitino's plate and the assistant coaches plates whether it's involving student athletes or involving the community or the athletic department and just sort of allow them to operate and take care of the more important pieces that they need to take care of.

How involved with scheduling will you be?
Yeah, I think scheduling the practices, scheduling workouts, game scheduling. A lot of that stuff is something that I'll be working hand-in-hand with Josh as well as well as coach Pitino. Game scheduling is a lot of work but in the end the coaches are making the decisions and we're really trying to just set the table up for them to be able to make the decisions they're most comfortable with.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/271257041.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom