Anyone else worried about Konate & Diedhiou not being on the team?

El Amin Fan

Reaction score
We're now in August and our two Bigs haven't officially arrived yet. We were told it would first be mid-summer, then late summer. I always get worried about bringing in foreigners as it seems like there are a few extra layers of red tape, whether it has to do with Visas, NCAA transcripts, U admissions, so on and so forth. If one or both of these guys don't make it to campus, we have a huge hole on the roster as we won't have a single center next year, and it doesn't seem like we're recruiting any right now. I'm skeptical until I see these guys on campus and attending class.

Would hate to have only 10 scholarship players available this season, that's for certain. Wouldn't be much margin for error with injuries and/or off-court issues. We all know how that can cripple a team/program. References White, Royce -- the perennial "victim" -- or Joseph, Devoe, or Mbakwe, Trevor, or Nolen, Al.

We're now in August and our two Bigs haven't officially arrived yet. We were told it would first be mid-summer, then late summer. I always get worried about bringing in foreigners as it seems like there are a few extra layers of red tape, whether it has to do with Visas, NCAA transcripts, U admissions, so on and so forth. If one or both of these guys don't make it to campus, we have a huge hole on the roster as we won't have a single center next year, and it doesn't seem like we're recruiting any right now. I'm skeptical until I see these guys on campus and attending class.[/ Why would any sane person worry about both of these guys not showing up. When was the last time 2 recruits never showed up?

On 247 if you go to the timeline it say they enroll August 9th, must be freshman move in day

I am not "worried," but a small part of me will wonder until they are on campus or we hear Pitino say they've passed the clearinghouse (he did say that for Konate), been admitted to the U, and Visa's cleared.

Or missed a flight to MSP because they were too busy reading GopherHole.

We're now in August and our two Bigs haven't officially arrived yet. We were told it would first be mid-summer, then late summer. I always get worried about bringing in foreigners as it seems like there are a few extra layers of red tape, whether it has to do with Visas, NCAA transcripts, U admissions, so on and so forth. If one or both of these guys don't make it to campus, we have a huge hole on the roster as we won't have a single center next year, and it doesn't seem like we're recruiting any right now. I'm skeptical until I see these guys on campus and attending class.
Anyone else worried about Konate & Diedhiou not being on the team?

Haha Why would you possibly stop worrying when they get here? They are both just going to leave once they arrive. "Foreigners" get homesick,
have visa problems, or somebody like "Uadmissions" or the "NCAA" will be out to get them just because they are "foreigners".
If you can't find comfort in your own conclusion that "it doesn't seem like we are recruiting any right now" talking about "Bigs"; well
then seek help. It's August 4th, not October 4th.

OMG, I am going to creep on all the players instagrams now! Yessssss! :clap: *Sarcasm Button*, because this is indeed GH

Wow gaston looks pretty big in these photos. He has the body for power forward in the big ten after some practice and development he should be fun to watch.

I thought you picked your back-ground picture in Instagram so he could be any where...

He is uploading pictures of himself on campus. The first one is taken from inside Williams Arena, and the temporary seating is up in TCF, so it has to have been taken within the last week or so. The second is Gaston in front of the MPLS skyline, and eating with the team it looks like. Martin is in the picture for sure.

He is uploading pictures of himself on campus. The first one is taken from inside Williams Arena, and the temporary seating is up in TCF, so it has to have been taken within the last week or so. The second is Gaston in front of the MPLS skyline, and eating with the team it looks like. Martin is in the picture for sure.

I think another he is wrestling with a kid and tag's coach McHale?

Safe to say, the kid is or was on campus within the last week.

Nice work, H.

This is why Gopherhole is awesome. We have confirmed sightings of our missing recruit via some light social media creeping, cough, cough. sleuthing.

I am being 100% serious. Love it.

Can someone bring up his inbound flight on FlightAware.com? Or a plan N-number?

This has to be the best off-season thread!
Like BarnBoy, part of me is laughing and enjoying the intrigue, and another part is thinking, "Its a nice day - go out and play"

This has to be the best off-season thread!
Like BarnBoy, part of me is laughing and enjoying the intrigue, and another part is thinking, "Its a nice day - go out and play"

Agree, Moonlight. I have numerous shaking my head concussions trying to figure out which is more prevalent on GH... ADHD or bi-polar disorder.

AXvbDSd.jpg

I don't know guys, i'm still worried. The vehicle in one of the pictures he posted looks like it's a late 90s jeep grand cherokee. This could be a really old picture.

AXvbDSd.jpg

I don't know guys, i'm still worried. The vehicle in the picture above looks like it's a late 90s jeep grand cherokee. This could be a really old picture.

Don't be a damn fool!!! That's a 2000 Chevy Blazer.

2000-chevrolet-blazer-ls_100028143_m.jpg

Not losing any sleep over these guys, but I'm with El Amin Fan on this one. Some concern, mainly because it seems like every year at various schools there are frequent cases of foreign recruits never making it to campus. There's a saying that goes, "I'll believe it when I see the whites of their eyes." We'll know soon enough. ... September's not very far off.

Not losing any sleep over these guys, but I'm with El Amin Fan on this one. Some concern, mainly because it seems like every year at various schools there are frequent cases of foreign recruits never making it to campus. There's a saying that goes, "I'll believe it when I see the whites of their eyes." We'll know soon enough. ... September's not very far off.

Right on, so why the big deal.

Top Bottom