Jimmy Whitt trims list - removes Minnesota

MadtownGopher

Reaction score
Disappointing, but not surprising.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Jimmy Whitt (<a href="https://twitter.com/JimmyWhitt33">@JimmyWhitt33</a>) is down to Arkansas, California, Illinois, Kansas State, Marquette, Missouri, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State & SMU.</p>— Evan Daniels (@EvanDaniels) <a href="https://twitter.com/EvanDaniels/statuses/494544055112855553">July 30, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

But his unofficial visit was a huge deal!

Interesting that Kansas didn't make the list. By some accounts, that was his first choice. I wonder if they ruled him out.

giphy.gif

But, But

Disappointing, but not surprising.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Jimmy Whitt (<a href="https://twitter.com/JimmyWhitt33">@JimmyWhitt33</a>) is down to Arkansas, California, Illinois, Kansas State, Marquette, Missouri, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State & SMU.</p>— Evan Daniels (@EvanDaniels) <a href="https://twitter.com/EvanDaniels/statuses/494544055112855553">July 30, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

there's only 9 schools there. Maybe twitter guy ran out of character spaces and the University of Minnesota Golden Gophers were edited
out to make it fit...:D We were number 10?

Well I was right again people when I said showing up for a team camps means nothing with respect to a players interest in playing college ball there.

Interesting that Kansas didn't make the list. By some accounts, that was his first choice. I wonder if they ruled him out.

Kansas still hasn't offered him yet. Not sure on his decision timeline, but I would think they still are a top choice if they were to offer.

I was a big fan of Whitt...not surprised the Gophers didn't get him, but a little surprised we didn't even make his final list though. Oh well, more time to devote to our other targets now.

I was a big fan of Whitt...not surprised the Gophers didn't get him, but a little surprised we didn't even make his final list though. Oh well, more time to devote to our other targets now.

I think the staff had been concentrating on Jarvis and McBrayer a lot more recently.

I think the staff had been concentrating on Jarvis and McBrayer a lot more recently.

In part because Whitt was a long shot, but you're correct. Don't forget about KJ Walton either! We're sitting just fine recruiting the 2-guard spot right now.

In part because Whitt was a long shot, but you're correct. Don't forget about KJ Walton either! We're sitting just fine recruiting the 2-guard spot right now.

Totally had forgotten about him, hasn't been brought up much lately. I'm sure he's still a definite take but I think Jarvis and McBrayer are the priorities right now. And yes, I think they realized we weren't going to get Whitt and backed off.

Well I was right again people when I said showing up for a team camps means nothing with respect to a players interest in playing college ball there.

Of course coming to Sota to play for a team camp means nothing to gauging his intrested. However taking an unofficial means he had some curiosity and interest at the least and gave us a chance to help him envision what it would be like to live and play here, as he said himself.

Not sure what you are patting yourself on the back for. As usual you said nothing worth while and thought your were spreading some great wisdom.

Please find me one post where someone implied anything different than what you wrote here.

Also please explain to me how what you wrote above (having high level prospects at your camp) means next to nothing. To quote you

That is not next to nothing, that's a great chance to talk to players who are attending, guess what, Whitt is attending. So we got another great chance to talk to him, which is better than not having a chance to talk to him.

You and many others on this board are great at arguing with absolutely no one. You just make sh1t up and say we are idiots for saying stuff no one ever said.

Yep.

Trolling with the BrainDrain? New low for you dp.

Many of us tried to explain that to Brain Trust several times on a different thread. He's just too dumb.

dpo is a waste of time in a different way. Almost all of his posts are in some form related to one thing: attention. Argue, provoke, annoy (especially by repetition) ==> attention. I'm sure you already knew this, but I figured I'd remind people to not give him what he wants.

Of course coming to Sota to play for a team camp means nothing to gauging his intrested. However taking an unofficial means he had some curiosity and interest at the least and gave us a chance to help him envision what it would be like to live and play here, as he said himself.

Not sure what you are patting yourself on the back for. As usual you said nothing worth while and thought your were spreading some great wisdom.

Yep.

Trolling with the BrainDrain? New low for you dp.

You have to be THE SCOUT!. There is no way you aren't. You have the exact same mannerisms and word choices.

Top Bottom