U confidence has SIN-BAD riled up

Actually, I really wish we wouldn't be so publicly 'confident' either. I have predicted we will go 10-2, but we should let our play do the talking.

Actually, I really wish we wouldn't be so publicly 'confident' either. I have predicted we will go 10-2, but we should let our play do the talking.

Actually, I really wish the PiPress wasn't writing articles about the badgers.

The bit about him fumbling last year reminded me of something I read about Abdullah. He fumbled almost 20 times last season. I know the ball protection with Leidner was a major issue for some gopherholers. How many times did Cobb fumble?

I'm not a big bulletin-board guy - just play - but the badger guy's question to Kill about the 10-year losing streak was more than aggressive. Coming from who it came from, it clearly was with intent to publicly embarrass our head coach (rub it in his face) in front of not only the national media and audience, but his peers. I don't think there's anything a player on either team could say that would equal that, given the context.

The Badgers have a great program, but so many of their "fans" are such losers.

Actually Abdullah has fumbled twenty times over his first three seasons. Considering he didn't really play his freshman year that's still a high number. They lost 15 of the fumbles.

Any team that isn't a complete dumpster fire should be confident against one of it's biggest rivals. The Gophers played a tough and competitive game against Wisconsin last year and had they had half-way decent quarterback play, could very well have won that game. Badger players getting riled up over the Gophers' confidence shows the lack of respect they have for them. Thankfully, games are decided on the field, not in the fishwraps. I can't wait for what should be a good game.

A couple dropped passes. A couple overthrown/under thrown passes. A couple missed tackles. Could of, would of, should of. End of the day all those plays have to be made. The men seem much more confident than last year and I like that. I do believe they will surprise a lot of people. I'm not sure that "we'll" win the west, but that game against the sconny will determine the winner of the west.

Cobb just guaranteed they have to be on top of their game from the kick. Will be fun to watch.

If Joel Stave didn't throw us that interception, we would have been shut out 20-0 with the offense not scoring a single point. I have no idea how you can contort last year's result to "could very well have won that game".

If Joel Stave didn't throw us that interception, we would have been shut out 20-0 with the offense not scoring a single point. I have no idea how you can contort last year's result to "could very well have won that game".
Can we get this badger poster pretending to be "piper from buckyville" banned?

Just win the Axe and and as a team stand in the middle of the field on the Wisconsin logo and salute the Gopher fans
that make the trip. Don't lower yourself to Becky's standards.

Just win the Axe and and as a team stand in the middle of the field on the Wisconsin logo and salute the Gopher fans
that make the trip. Don't lower yourself to Becky's standards.
Those idiots also now have a "tradition" of throwing themselves off the edge of the williams arena floor. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pZcFlU11Xg At the Bank maybe they practice running head first into the brick walls. Hey it could happen during the game, better practice it.

Any team that isn't a complete dumpster fire should be confident against one of it's biggest rivals. The Gophers played a tough and competitive game against Wisconsin last year and had they had half-way decent quarterback play, could very well have won that game. Badger players getting riled up over the Gophers' confidence shows the lack of respect they have for them. Thankfully, games are decided on the field, not in the fishwraps. I can't wait for what should be a good game.

You tell that to any Badger fan, and the refuse to acknowledge that the game was actually pretty even from the start, and the Gophers were able to hold the UW run game for the whole thing. There were only one or two big runs that the Badgers were able to get off. Not to mention a majority of their drives stalled. We were still in the game in the 4th quarter!

If the offense wakes up, we win that game. We had the lead, which is all we needed if the offense was able to get a rhythm. It just never clicked. Whether it was a fumble, dropped pass, whatever. The defense kept us in it. The offense sputtered. And that was the lone difference. Badger fans think they dominated us the entire game. They didn't.

Personally, I wish we wouldn't talk much about it, considering we haven't beat them for a long time.

However, I prefer this hatred over the alternative of the past few years of some of the Gopher & Badger players having pizza together in Chicago....If you want to have dinner with someone, go ask Michigan State.

I want the Gophers & Badgers treating each other like the Texas State Armadillos & #1 Texas Colts in "Necessary Roughness." Dumping beers on each other, hitting each other with chairs, and then acting friendly only when the school administrators come in to investigate the incident.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4UVXgAzYb0

No idea? Wisconsin was the better team that game, I don't think anyone will dispute that, but the teams are much closer than you probably want to admit. I saw a Gopher team that matched Wisconsin physically, just didn't have the horses/execution/breaks/whatever to really do anything on offense. The D put the offense into a position where they could compete, they just didn't execute. There is nothing to "contort".

Personally, I wish we wouldn't talk much about it, considering we haven't beat them for a long time.

Yes, let's not talk about one of Minnesota's biggest rivals. Better yet, let's not talk about any team unless we beat them.

"Mr. Gopher" is a Badger fan. Overall I don't have a big problem with what he said, only the "we" comment and the misrepresentation.

There were two plays where if Nelson would have thrown it just a couple inches farther it would have been a TD and we would have won. One to Wolitarsky but Shelton got a hand on it and the other to Fruechte in the end zone. We were two plays away.

No idea? Wisconsin was the better team that game, I don't think anyone will dispute that, but the teams are much closer than you probably want to admit. I saw a Gopher team that matched Wisconsin physically, just didn't have the horses/execution/breaks/whatever to really do anything on offense. The D put the offense into a position where they could compete, they just didn't execute. There is nothing to "contort".

I personally have already enjoyed the chest-thumping and talking about how they're going to put up 300 rushing on us this year, when last year's team with a better RB corps and a better OL couldn't even put up 200.

I personally have already enjoyed the chest-thumping and talking about how they're going to put up 300 rushing on us this year, when last year's team with a better RB corps and a better OL couldn't even put up 200.

Their RBs and O-line probably will be better than last year, still valid point though.

Their RBs and O-line probably will be better than last year, still valid point though.

I disagree. They lost a 4th-round NFL pick (and the only decent receiver out of the backfield) at RB, and their self-anointed "best OL" in Groy, not to mention their only experienced TE in Pederson.

I disagree. They lost a 4th-round NFL pick (and the only decent receiver out of the backfield) at RB, and their self-anointed "best OL" in Groy, not to mention their only experienced TE in Pederson.
White destroyed the Gophers. I think his worst game was 95 yards. We've heard plenty about how good Clement is, but if you bother to check his stats, he made his hay running over garbage competition.

We shouldn't have said anything about the Axe. Now the Badgers are going to be more angry and play harder against us.

I personally believe Clement is a more talented back than White and they still return 4 O-line starters. I do agree though that their receivers and defense will be considerably worse and this would be their worse team since 08 if it wasn't for that easy schedule.

We shouldn't have said anything about the Axe. Now the Badgers are going to be more angry and play harder against us.

They will play their ass's off regardless and so will we plus they probably won't even remember what someone said all the back from July. I'm sure both teams will provide more "bulletin board material" by the time this game starts. What did Borland say last year?

Don't we often discuss how pathetic it is when we find out buckyville has threads dedicated to talking about Gopher football...?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom