STrib: Offseason thoughts from Andre Hollins

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the STrib:

Since JUCO transfer Carlos Morris and freshman guard Nate Mason have arrived on campus, Hollins has taken somewhat of a mentor role with the newcomers. The three of them, along with point guard DeAndre Mathieu, all work out in a group together.

"This is my fourth year here, fourth in the Big Ten, playing against some of the best competition in the nation," Hollins said. "I'm just trying to give them my experience, tell them things here and there -- what's going to work, what isn't going to work ... Little things like that so when it comes in practice, they'll already be prepared, they've already heard it. The quicker we learn it, the better we'll get."

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/268909851.html

Go Gophers!!

Dre has always been a class act and he has a million dollar smile

I hope for his sake and ours that he is injury free. I hope he can lead this team he has always been a class act. It's also great to see players who smile and seem to really enjoy the game.

per the STrib:

Since JUCO transfer Carlos Morris and freshman guard Nate Mason have arrived on campus, Hollins has taken somewhat of a mentor role with the newcomers. The three of them, along with point guard DeAndre Mathieu, all work out in a group together.

"This is my fourth year here, fourth in the Big Ten, playing against some of the best competition in the nation," Hollins said. "I'm just trying to give them my experience, tell them things here and there -- what's going to work, what isn't going to work ... Little things like that so when it comes in practice, they'll already be prepared, they've already heard it. The quicker we learn it, the better we'll get."

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/268909851.html

Go Gophers!!

So was it pretty much confirmed by Pitino/Hollins/Gophers that he never fully recovered from ankle/hip injuries and that is the cause of the junior "slump"?

Love this. Great idea on a few levels.

"This season, coach Richard Pitino challenged the team to make those weekend sessions more competitive by making a wager: the losing squad has to go through an extra "special" workout with strength and conditioning coach Shaun Brown."

Top Bottom