CBS: More Big Ten games coming to Yankee Stadium?

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per CBS:

Showcasing its three East Coast members in Yankee Stadium makes too much sense for the Big Ten, which has a bowl agreement with the Pinstripe Bowl and has opened an office in Manhattan.

Would Penn State, Maryland and Rutgers play in The Bronx, possibly against each other? Big Ten Network president Mark Silverman seems intrigued by the idea.

The network plans to implement creating programming for new Big Ten markets such as New York and Washington, D.C.

"Like with Yankee Stadium -- would there be a case where Rutgers or Penn State or Maryland, would they want to move a game to an iconic stadium like that?" Silverman said. "You could bring in, for Rutgers, probably another 10 to 15,000 people there. Is that a game that makes sense to move there? Probably."

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...7/more-big-ten-games-coming-to-yankee-stadium

Go Gophers!!

Gophers in Yankee Stadium? An interesting thought. We don't have a desire too see a road game at either Maryland
or Rutgers, but the Gophers in Yankee Stadium might be tough too pass on.

I don't think Penn State would give up a home game to play in Yankee Stadium. But if it was a scheduled away game at a neutral site they probably would. I think Yankee Stadium seats about 50,000. The benefactor of these neutral site games as the article states would be Rutgers, and to a lesser degree Maryland. But make no mistake this is yet another BIG 10 MARKETING move with eyeballs and advertising in mind. It has nothing to do with football.

Gophers in Yankee Stadium? An interesting thought. We don't have a desire too see a road game at either Maryland
or Rutgers, but the Gophers in Yankee Stadium might be tough too pass on.

Why not Maryland? College Park is a DC suburb, and there's plenty to see in DC and its environs.

Don't like them but neutral site games are here to stay.

If any team is going to give up a home game to play on NYC, it makes sense for it to be Rutgers. They already are fairly nearby, and that might help to get NYC to pay attention to the Big Ten. Of course, the other team would have to be one that would draw in fans too.

If any team is going to give up a home game to play on NYC, it makes sense for it to be Rutgers. They already are fairly nearby, and that might help to get NYC to pay attention to the Big Ten. Of course, the other team would have to be one that would draw in fans too.

Rutgers vs Nebraska. They say opposites attract.

If Delaney is serious about expanding the footprint of the Big 10 he'll hold a game at CenturyLink Field in Seattle. It's time to go East to West.

I understand the allure of Yankee Stadium, but I'm still not sure I get moving a regular season game there. Especially when the capacity is the same as Rutgers' home stadium. I'd look at MetLife Stadium instead.

Especially being a public school losing a home game to another state. Could you imagine the outrage here if the Gophers decided to play a home game in Ames? Or even Hudson?

per CBS:

Showcasing its three East Coast members in Yankee Stadium makes too much sense for the Big Ten, which has a bowl agreement with the Pinstripe Bowl and has opened an office in Manhattan.

Would Penn State, Maryland and Rutgers play in The Bronx, possibly against each other? Big Ten Network president Mark Silverman seems intrigued by the idea.

The network plans to implement creating programming for new Big Ten markets such as New York and Washington, D.C.

"Like with Yankee Stadium -- would there be a case where Rutgers or Penn State or Maryland, would they want to move a game to an iconic stadium like that?" Silverman said. "You could bring in, for Rutgers, probably another 10 to 15,000 people there. Is that a game that makes sense to move there? Probably."

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...7/more-big-ten-games-coming-to-yankee-stadium

Go Gophers!!

Iconic stadium? That thing hasn't been around long enough to be considered iconic. Bo Pelini's nut hair is older, assuming he doesn't shave

Having football games in baseball stadiums is idiotic. Sightlines are usually all weird and the field is just shoehorned in.

Having football games in baseball stadiums is idiotic. Sightlines are usually all weird and the field is just shoehorned in.

The only thing more idiotic is putting a 9 lane track around a new football field like they did in Alex.

Top Bottom