Fox Sports Wisconsin: Know the Badgers foe: Minnesota

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per FSW:

Minnesota's football program is on the rise in coach Jerry Kill's fourth season with the team. The question as it pertains to Wisconsin, however, is this: Are the Gophers good enough to challenge for Paul Bunyan's Axe, or is the gap between the two programs still too wide?

Prediction: Wisconsin 31, Minnesota 14

http://www.foxsports.com/wisconsin/story/know-the-badgers-foe-minnesota-072514

Go Gophers!!

Maybe....maybe not. Next year NO MAYBE! The Axe will be ours and the fan sites over on Badger Blitz and Becky ville
will be whinny little bitches.

What are they saying now? I know you check those sites daily. It's pretty sad the way you obsess about whiskey.

Again...dip sh-t, and I think I've told you this a dozen times. I haven't been on those sites for over two years, but from being on that site I know the worst fear of those clowns is losing the Axe to the Gophers. " I know you check those
sites" You don't know dick.....

Obsessed? You don't see me with a " better dead than red " logo. Who is zooming who pal?

I'm a Madison native and live in Madison currently. And I'm not any where near as crazy about UW as you are. You give this board and Gopher fans in general a bad name.

I'll take ruppert over any of the BADger trolls that roam this site. We may not condone all he does(or has done), but at least he's on our side! We must stay united against those bucking fadgers!

I'll take ruppert over any of the BADger trolls that roam this site. We may not condone all he does(or has done), but at least he's on our side! We must stay united against those bucking fadgers!

As my favorite t-shirt says, "Screw the Score, Bucky's my Whore!"

Go Gophers!

Oh don't worry, we are still plenty relevant to them. They have an obsession with us.

Recent example: http://buckyville.yuku.com/topic/73...s-sports-talk-radio-this-morning#.U9SAcRZ6eFI

It's true. I don't have an account, but I read over there sometimes, usually the basketball board, to check up on their recruiting, or what they think of their team, or sometimes they post articles about the Big Ten or college football/basketball as a whole that I might not see here. But usually when I check over there, there's at least one thread going into how much Minnesota football/basketball sucks, how much the game experience sucks, how much TCF sucks, how much the fan base sucks, how the Twin Cities are overrated, how some or all of our national titles are illegitimate, and plenty of "OMG look what the loonies on the Gopherhole are saying lolololololololololololol!!!!!" with direct quotes, links, or screenshots to posts on here. There are threads whose entire discussion revolves around Gopherhole, not just the Gophers, this website in particular.

I remember the night earlier this year, that Wisconsin was given a 2 seed in the NCAA tournament, which would eventually lead to a Final Four for them, their first in 14 years, and only their third ever (or maybe only the second; their first one was in the 1940's, so maybe it doesn't count anymore?), and there was a thread gloating about the Gophers going to the NIT.

Also, in that thread you linked in particular, I love when someone bashes Gopher fans, or the gameday experience, and then backs up their post with "I know this because I live in Minneapolis." Wisconsin is apparently just so great that they graduated from Madison and scuttled right off to Minnesota.

If Gopher fans were smart, they wouldn't say a word until the Gophers actually beat the Badgers. Then you can talk. I can't stand the Badgers, but you can't ignore the fact that the Badger FB team has won 10 straight over the Gophers. That is nothing to brag about or talk smack about.

And yes, Madison's atmosphere on Game day kicks MN's butt. The Badger students may be drunken louts, but they show up for the game. The Gopher students are too "cool" to show up and cheer for their own school.

If Gopher fans were smart, they wouldn't say a word until the Gophers actually beat the Badgers. Then you can talk. I can't stand the Badgers, but you can't ignore the fact that the Badger FB team has won 10 straight over the Gophers. That is nothing to brag about or talk smack about.

And yes, Madison's atmosphere on Game day kicks MN's butt. The Badger students may be drunken louts, but they show up for the game. The Gopher students are too "cool" to show up and cheer for their own school.

At least by halftime..

MadtownGopher;912 Ruppertflywheel[/QUOTE said:
You've no idea what you're talking about and you may want too look up " defines, definition" in
Websters New World Dictionary.

What's wrong with reading or posting on the Wisconsin boards? Just have to be smart and don't let them have the upper hand. I post all the time over there as "Piper".

So you are Piper. I've always wondered who that was.

ETA: WTH, you just joined GH but have been a regular on Buckyville? :confused:

This should be changing now that students have somewhere to tailgate near the stadium. Not to mention the fact that the team now has a chance to win every week as opposed to 4-5 years ago.

What's wrong with reading or posting on the Wisconsin boards? Just have to be smart and don't let them have the upper hand. I post all the time over there as "Piper".

If you are indeed "Piper"... Please don't post over there anymore. The main point is it is THEIR board and if you are going to post there you absolutely should NOT go in with the thought of not letting them have the "upper hand". The problem is, you keep arguing and trying to "teach" them and in the process, you just keep putting yourself on a tee to be driven down the fairway. It may seem to you like you are being smart and not letting them have the upper hand, but I can tell you from a third party perspective it isn't helpful in ANY way. Long story short: you get stomped on over and over there and it isn't getting better.

I occasionally post on rival boards but always choose topics and comments very carefully before doing so. I have mostly quit saying anything on buckyville because of the "Piper Effect" as there is little room for anything resembling a normal conversation after that.

On a semi related topic, this board tends to ban rival fans when they show up to argue about everything. I think that is overall a GOOD thing but I admit to sometimes wishing we could have our own "Piper" here to kick around. There would be a few laughs, for sure.

If you are indeed "Piper"... Please don't post over there anymore. The main point is it is THEIR board and if you are going to post there you absolutely should NOT go in with the thought of not letting them have the "upper hand". The problem is, you keep arguing and trying to "teach" them and in the process, you just keep putting yourself on a tee to be driven down the fairway. It may seem to you like you are being smart and not letting them have the upper hand, but I can tell you from a third party perspective it isn't helpful in ANY way. Long story short: you get stomped on over and over there and it isn't getting better.

I occasionally post on rival boards but always choose topics and comments very carefully before doing so. I have mostly quit saying anything on buckyville because of the "Piper Effect" as there is little room for anything resembling a normal conversation after that.

On a semi related topic, this board tends to ban rival fans when they show up to argue about everything. I think that is overall a GOOD thing but I admit to sometimes wishing we could have our own "Piper" here to kick around. There would be a few laughs, for sure.

You mean like "Herd" if he had a real team?

Agree Schnauzer. I saw the error of my ways and quit posting over there two years ago. You could not rationalize
with anyone over there and it just ended up in a pissing contest. What irked me were the racially induced comments by
one particular guy over there in regards to Gray and Tubby Smith. I can't remember if Piper was over there two years
ago or not. Some.Gopher fans posted over there like Bronco Nagurski and a couple of others. I will admit from time
to time I will try and " rope a dope" some of their clan over here because a lot of them troll our site.

I will admit from time
to time I will try and " rope a dope" some of their clan over here because a lot of them troll our site.

That is essentially all you do over here. Every single thread you have ever started is related to Wisconsin. It's embarrassing. It doesn't help that your typing and/or grammar are god awful. Dear lord man, figure out when to use the space bar and when to use a period. I'm going to go out on a limb and assume you never actually attended the U.

That is essentially all you do over here. Every single thread you have ever started is related to Wisconsin. It's embarrassing. It doesn't help that your typing and/or grammar are god awful. Dear lord man, figure out when to use the space bar and when to use a period. I'm going to go out on a limb and assume you never actually attended the U.

Alright wise guy. Show me every single thread. I'm posting off an I-phone. I'm not editing a text manual. Take your " Grammar Police " shtick and shove it up your a-hole. You probably live in your mother's basement and work at the local
Casey's. And quite frankly, I'm wondering if you're not a troll?. You seem awful sensitive about defending pot shots at
the Badgers. You live in Madison. ( birds of a feather stick together ) In regards to your comment about
my attending the U. I'll chalk that up as pure conjecture. You seem too live off that.

Well, the way I see it is; if you let them trash the U over there all day without consequence, then they have won. I for one, am not going to let them have their way and will continue to represent the truth as it pertains to Minnesota Football. You folks don't realize how much intervention needs to be done over there in Badgerland on behalf of the U of M. Someone has to set the record straight.

Well, the way I see it is; if you let them trash the U over there all day without consequence, then they have won. I for one, am not going to let them have their way and will continue to represent the truth as it pertains to Minnesota Football. You folks don't realize how much intervention needs to be done over there in Badgerland on behalf of the U of M. Someone has to set the record straight.

YOU ARE THE CONSEQUENCE!

They are "winning" BECAUSE of you. You are flat out not good at what you are trying to do, and you are the wet dream of any Badger fan.

Your most recent post here is exactly illustrating the point I made in my previous post. It is their board and if someone over there wants to post something about Greg Eslinger supposedly sodomizing a raccoon, you aren't doing anyone any good when you bumble your attempt to "set them straight".

Please list a single Buckyville person who has changed one single bit as a result of your "interventions".

Your solution is like trying to throw a bucket of gasoline on a brush fire to put it out. It is scary to know that you think your bucket is full of water.

YOU ARE THE CONSEQUENCE!

They are "winning" BECAUSE of you. You are flat out not good at what you are trying to do, and you are the wet dream of any Badger fan.

Your most recent post here is exactly illustrating the point I made in my previous post. It is their board and if someone over there wants to post something about Greg Eslinger supposedly sodomizing a raccoon, you aren't doing anyone any good when you bumble your attempt to "set them straight".

Please list a single Buckyville person who has changed one single bit as a result of your "interventions".

Your solution is like trying to throw a bucket of gasoline on a brush fire to put it out. It is scary to know that you think your bucket is full of water.

QFT - Excellent post.

I still can't believe this "Piper" guy just joined GH. That means he's posted more on Buckyville than here.

I would not be surprised if ruppert was actually this Mr. Gopher guy too. It would explain so much.

Top Bottom