All Things Michael Hurt Rochester JM (Class of 2016)

Going to watch the Hurt brothers play Friday in Northfield against Rachel Banham's former high school coach.

If anyone could stop him it would be Rachel Banham's former coach.

Wonder what brother he will match up with the most.

I've only seen NF once this year, but they do have one big fella, 6'-9" senior and has some talent , could be an interesting match-up... I could be wrong, but don't think the Hurt boy's get matched in size all that often.

Wonder what brother he will match up with the most.

I've only seen NF once this year, but they do have one big fella, 6'-9" senior and has some talent , could be an interesting match-up... I could be wrong, but don't think the Hurt boy's get matched in size all that often.

That'd be Luke Harris for Northfield, has D1 offers from Lafayette and Lehigh.

UVA now making in roads with Hurt.
What are you talking about? Michael has already signed with the Gophers and definitely will be a Gopher next season unless there was some kind of coaching change and even then I could still see him here.

Younger one. Start the insults all you want. I am simply passing on information. He is attending UVA elite camp next summer and is looking at that caliber of school.

sorry. i should have seen you said Michael. i was just passing the information about his brother who has a much bigger upside.

That'd be Luke Harris for Northfield, has D1 offers from Lafayette and Lehigh.

I could be wrong, but I believe Harris is still suspended for this game due to some after-school fist-a-cuffs. The Hurt brothers should have free range unless Northfield's coach, Berkvam (Banham's H.S. coach), actually puts on the sneakers and throws a bunch of elbows in the paint like he used to in the 80's. I expect Michael Hurt to scare the 40-point mark tomorrow night, but I'm telling you not to over-rate the output.

sorry. i should have seen you said Michael. i was just passing the information about his brother who has a much bigger upside.
Was just confused because this is the Michael Hurt thread and I believe Matthew has his own. I'm sure there will be plenty of very good programs after Matthew with his size and skill set but if Michael has success at Minnesota I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Matthew follow that same path.

I could be wrong, but I believe Harris is still suspended for this game due to some after-school fist-a-cuffs. The Hurt brothers should have free range unless Northfield's coach, Berkvam (Banham's H.S. coach), actually puts on the sneakers and throws a bunch of elbows in the paint like he used to in the 80's. I expect Michael Hurt to scare the 40-point mark tomorrow night, but I'm telling you not to over-rate the output.

Word is Harris is playing tonight. He played Tuesday night, so the suspension must be over.

JM up 41-27 at halftime. The older Hurt has about 24. Didn't know he was left-handed. He certainly can hit an open jump shot.

The Harris kid for Northfield has a nice stroke for a big guy. Likes to roam the perimeter. Could see him as a stretch 4 at a smaller DI school.

JM up 41-27 at halftime. The older Hurt has about 24. Didn't know he was left-handed. He certainly can hit an open jump shot.

The Harris kid for Northfield has a nice stroke for a big guy. Likes to roam the perimeter. Could see him as a stretch 4 at a smaller DI school.

Music to my ears, Selection. A guy who can shoot (and play some defense) is going to get a lot of minutes for the maroon and gold next year.

Will he take Buggs role and spot up in the corners to get an open three after the other kids drive to the hoop and dish out?

How quick was his release? Can he get his shot off when guarded?

Will he take Buggs role and spot up in the corners to get an open three after the other kids drive to the hoop and dish out? How quick was his release? Can he get his shot off when guarded?

Do we want kids shooting threes when they're guarded? Anyone that can hit an open 3 would be a wonderful start.

Do we want kids shooting threes when they're guarded? Anyone that can hit an open 3 would be a wonderful start.

I agree with the last statement. Regarding the first, I think we need someone who can make a contested three point shot at the end of a game. If Hurt is the only kid on the team who can consistently make a three point shot, it would be nice if he had a quick enough release to drain it under pressure.

per Shooter:

Those were brothers Michael (6-7) and Matthew (6-9) Hurt from Rochester John Marshall behind the Gophers’ bench during Wednesday’s loss to Michigan at Williams Arena. Michael has signed with the Gophers, who desperately hope they also can land Matthew.

In John Marshall’s 89-59 victory over Northfield on Friday, Michael Hurt scored 30 points, Matthew 14.

http://www.twincities.com/2016/02/1...taylor-satisfied-with-his-17-37-timberwolves/

Go Gophers!!

For those asking about Michael Hurt and a breakdown of his game check out Twitter handle Talk Gopher Buckets with Ryan James. Episode 85. Also discuss Coffey, Curry, Lynch and Reuvers. Good listen.

I am in no way affiliated with the podcast. I can sense some of you thinking it.

For those asking about Michael Hurt and a breakdown of his game check out Twitter handle Talk Gopher Buckets with Ryan James. Episode 85. Also discuss Coffey, Curry, Lynch and Reuvers. Good listen.

I am in no way affiliated with the podcast. I can sense some of you thinking it.

This podcast is what it is. I think some feet are put in mouths on occasion, but it's the best free recruiting info for gophers that I've found. I'm definitely tuning into this one. Thanks for the tip.

I also like following Ryan James in Twitter during games. Much more insightful than the beat writers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First time poster, long time lurker

I've seen Hurt play a couple of times, certainly not an expert but I wouldn't be surprised if he redshirted next year.

He's all of 6'6-6'7 and he's not emaciated looking, he's thin but he's got a decent frame.

I do think he'll need to speed up his shot, but he's a very good spot-up shooter. That's the case with most HS level kids though, the game naturally gets faster and it takes adjusting. Also a really good help defender and really one of the few guys on that team who seems interested in doing the "little things"

Think he's got good role-player potential. Don't see a high-level starter, but I think he'll be a really nice piece off the bench for a few years if his body develops and he speeds up the shot.

Some folks talk about having Michael red-shirt his first year with the Maroon and Gold, mainly to put on some weight. A review of these video clips might lead us to reconsider that notion. He could help us in his first year - just ask his Rochester teammates who see him leading the state of Minnesota in assists.

Icing On The Cake: His shooting stroke is smooth and accurate - albeit a bit slow as folks have mentioned. Nonetheless, our opponents will need to respect him on the perimeter.

I don't view him as a automatic redshirt, he can shoot and appears to keep the ball high in his set up and release, which is always a plus. He was ranked pretty high until he committed to us and dropped..

I don't view him as a automatic redshirt, he can shoot and appears to keep the ball high in his set up and release, which is always a plus. He was ranked pretty high until he committed to us and dropped..

Not to mention, there is a strong likelihood that the staff will feel like they are coaching for their jobs next season. Thus, they will want every asset they can get suited up next year. If they feel Hurt can help even a little bit, they will plan on playing him. They won't have the luxury next season to plan in 2016 for five years down the road.

Go Gophers!!

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom