All Things Michael Hurt Rochester JM (Class of 2016)

He's going to be a good one for us. I see Dekker-lite by the time he's an upper classman.

In a perfect world Hurt needs to be the anti-Wally Ellenson. He needs to be good enough to get off the bench, so that he's happy enough to give Pitino a puncher's chance to land his younger brother, a potential program changer.

In a perfect world Hurt needs to be the anti-Wally Ellenson. He needs to be good enough to get off the bench, so that he's happy enough to give Pitino a puncher's chance to land his younger brother, a potential program changer.
Agreed, I also don't think the Hurt family has the reputation of the Ellenson's I remember when Wally committed there were posters who would come here and talk about how they were helicopter parents and that they moved school districts when they didn't get their way. Don't hear that about the Hurt's. I think he's good enough to play this year, take away Gaston who won't play, we have 11 scholarship players, the question becomes can he pass Gilbert on the depth chart for minutes at the wing

Has a nice looking shot, but based on that video, needs to work on not bringing the ball down when he catches and shoots.

I think Hurt will contribute this year and then be a really important player for us his last 3 years.

I was thinking the exact same thing when watching the video - he needs to go straight into his shot. He seems to have good form otherwise though.

Agreed, I also don't think the Hurt family has the reputation of the Ellenson's I remember when Wally committed there were posters who would come here and talk about how they were helicopter parents and that they moved school districts when they didn't get their way. Don't hear that about the Hurt's. I think he's good enough to play this year, take away Gaston who won't play, we have 11 scholarship players, the question becomes can he pass Gilbert on the depth chart for minutes at the wing

A good friend of mine coaches in the Eau Claire school district and he talked about the Ellenson's like they were the Manson family. I'd guess part of Wally's departure from Marquette had to do with him (and his family) being high maintenance and not very good.

At the time of the whole Wally signing I was skeptical, but it does work out for some helicopter parents. Kevin Love's dad got an Oregon coaching legend canned. There are other examples of helicopter parents working out.

That said, it's refreshing to hear that is NOT how the Hurt family is.

With it looking like Fitzgerald will be mostly playing 4, I could see Hurt earning a pretty significant role this year. We need shooting and it sounds like he's seeing great results in the weight room, so maybe he'll be quick/strong enough to defend the wing as a freshman.

Top Bottom