All Things Michael Hurt Rochester JM (Class of 2016)

Good get! Always good to see local kids stay home.

Anyone know much about his younger brother? Height, what kind of player he is, etc?

Anyone know much about his younger brother? Height, what kind of player he is, etc?

They are similar. Not a huge amount of difference despite the age gap. If progression continues along nicely, A+++++.

The last GH interview said he is 6'6", but he's only 13 or 14, so I'd think he will grow at least another inch or two?

The last GH interview said he is 6'6", but he's only 13 or 14, so I'd think he will grow at least another inch or two?

OLD*** for his grade, IIRC. Need to open up a database to confirm, but recalling making notes re: (me) questioning the possibility of reclassifying up a year based on age..

So, GW, it would make sense to say he is big for his size?

Is he quick enough to play the top of the press? Can he dribble enough to run our weave perimeter motion?

Any post game?

I think he's closer to 6'8". Looks taller than Mike and barely needs to jump to dunk.

I think it would be advantageous for Minnesota to be the first at the dance with Hurt's little brother. I've seem him play a couple of times when I was in Minnesota and he is the team's second best player and could easily develop into a national top 50 recruit in the next three years. He's obviously quite skinny, but possesses raw skill and athleticism. But he's still coordinated enough to makes plays on the bounce. He has a slow release, but can knock down 3s easily. I think it's only a matter of time before the big boys come calling. He looks like one of those potential Wisconsin stars; you know -- the 6-8 white dudes that can shoot, set hard screens, rebound and score.

per KAAL:

The John Marshall Rockets beat Faribault in front of their home crowd on Friday night. And Junior Michael Hurt had someone special watching in the crowd...

That's right, Richard Pitino, Head Coach of the Minnesota Gophers.

"It was kind of funny..." Hurt said. "The day before, Coach Pitino wished me happy birthday because my birthday was on Thursday."

For Hurt to win in front of Coach Pitino, that was just a bonus.

"And, he texted me 'For my birthday, I want Michael Hurt to be a Gopher,'" he said.

What happened after Friday night's win is the moment Michael will always remember.

"And I told him in the room afterwards, that your wish is coming really early, said Hurt. "He said it was the best news he had gotten in a while."

http://www.kaaltv.com/article/stories/S3683588.shtml?cat=10183

Go Gophers!!

I'm late to the party here but I'm glad to have Hurt on board. He sounds like a guy who has really improved his game in the past year and hopefully that will continue.

Crazy how much ESPN moves recruits around in their rankings.

The recruiting sites tend to move committed players down and uncommitted ones up to keep people coming back. Nate Mason's a great example of this. He committed in late October and somehow finished outside of the Top 100 on recruiting sites and we've seen how good he's been since the day he stepped on campus. That's why we should never put a ton of stock in where guys are ranked.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

KSTP: Michael Hurt on Committing to the Gophers: 'It's A Dream'

Rochester John Marshall junior forward Michael Hurt recently committed to Richard Pitino and the Gophers basketball team. He's the first 2016 commitment for the Gophers.

At 6-foot-6 and 195 pounds, Hurt has the ability to play both shooting guard and small forward for Pitino. He said he'd like to start college weighing in the 215-220 range.

http://kstp.com/sports/stories/S3701993.shtml?cat=7

Go Gophers!!

Might of been said already...but how is his defense?

Top Bottom