BTN: Who's the top celebrity fan of every B1G school? (MN: Tony Dungy & Yanni)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per BTN:

Every college, it seems, has at least one well-known celebrity backer, whether it be on the gridiron, the hardwood, the diamond or the mat. But who are those figures in the Big Ten? I asked our Twitter followers that very question, and then came up with this list of the top celebrity fans for all 14 Big Ten schools.

Minnesota: Tony Dungy

One of the school’s most prestigious alumni, Dungy attended the University of Minnesota from 1973-1977, while staring on the Gophers’ football team. In addition to playing at Minnesota, Dungy also served as an assistant coach for the Gophers following his playing career and remains one of the top supporters of the football program.

Honorable Mention: Yanni

http://btn.com/2014/07/25/whos-the-top-celebrity-fan-for-every-big-ten-school/

Go Gophers!!

Kind of a cool article, thanks for sharing...here's what caught my eye:

Nebraska: Larry the Cable Guy
Honorable Mention: Warren Buffett

What kind of world are we living in where Warren Buffett can be honorable mention to Larry the Cable Guy in anything??

We need to have a better HM than Yanni. Seriously! Purdue with Drew Brees and Jim Gaffigan is tops imo.

Kind of a cool article, thanks for sharing...here's what caught my eye:

Nebraska: Larry the Cable Guy
Honorable Mention: Warren Buffett

What kind of world are we living in where Warren Buffett can be honorable mention to Larry the Cable Guy in anything??

Wow +1. Sort of sad

It'd be much better if there weren't any athletes on the list.

I agree with you on that point too. Of course famous athletes from specific schools will be backers. I would have gone with Garrison Keiller for a famous gopher fan.

I'd rather poop my pants and do sit-ups than listen to Yanni.

Top Bottom