What gets you excited about the 2014 Gophers?

You know better than this. He was third string two tears ago and second string last year. You won't have that luxury, unless he is hurt, this year. If he is healthy, best of luck stopping him and Corey. Frankly, I am far more worried about us stopping your power running attack with our undersized front seven than I am of you stopping our running game.

Make up any excuse you want. Gordon may have been third string, but he ran for 216 against Nebraska the same year he ran for 28 yards against the Gophers. Last year, Gordon ran all over everyone except Iowa and the Gophers. James White killed the Gophers and they didn't come close to 300 yards rushing last year.

Make up any excuse you want. Gordon may have been third string, but he ran for 216 against Nebraska the same year he ran for 28 yards against the Gophers. Last year, Gordon ran all over everyone except Iowa and the Gophers. James White killed the Gophers and they didn't come close to 300 yards rushing last year.
Last year was freezing. It had a lot to do with how game played out. There is a reason why Gordon was view as the top back if he came out this year and is the top back next year. He is really good. The gophers will be very fortunate if they can hold him below 150 and clement is a beast in training. 250-300 yards rushing is very possible for the badgers in this game.

Never argue with or quote a dumba$$ on Gopherhole. Welcome him to the ignore list and move on.

Particularly one with such an obvious reading comprehension problem.

That would be the hallmark of a Budgie fan: uneducated, boorish, and drunk.

I think one thing that no one is writing about is we now have at least 3 deep in the slot with K.J. Maye, D Jones, D Wright, and Eric Carter. And we now have big wide receivers. Fruechte, Wolitarski, M Holland, and I Gentry are 6'3" or taller. And the true freshman have shown the ability to catch the ball. With all the attention on the tightends, we are developing a pretty good group of receivers. With a full compliment of receivers, it remains to be seen if we can make those 4 to 5 big plays in the passing game. Can we throw the ball close to 60% completion percentage.

Last year was freezing. It had a lot to do with how game played out. There is a reason why Gordon was view as the top back if he came out this year and is the top back next year. He is really good. The gophers will be very fortunate if they can hold him below 150 and clement is a beast in training. 250-300 yards rushing is very possible for the badgers in this game.
Wasn't too cold for James White. Nice to see you've already knocked 50 yards off your prediction. Keep clucking, little chicken.

I think the biggest question mark - and maybe the key to the season - will be the play of Mitch Leidner. Leidner has showed some promise in relatively limited play. Now, he has to be "the man" - lead the team on and off the field. If he plays well, it could be a very exciting season. If he does not play well, who knows. That is what I will be watching 1st. After that - Berkley Edwards is the other great unknown. Can he make a real difference in the offense with his speed?

You stole my thoughts.

Leidner developing chemistry with the young receivers has me excited. I think the OL dominating is a given. The running game is a given. The D is a given. We'll see how much of Leidner's "it" factor rubs off on the receivers. I want to see Maxx with a 1000 yards. If they click we could be 10-0 when OSU departs TCF. Old school teams are often underestimated. We are old school under Coach Kill. I like that a lot.

Leidner developing chemistry with the young receivers has me excited. I think the OL dominating is a given. The running game is a given. The D is a given. We'll see how much of Leidner's "it" factor rubs off on the receivers. I want to see Maxx with a 1000 yards. If they click we could be 10-0 when OSU departs TCF. Old school teams are often underestimated. We are old school under Coach Kill. I like that a lot.

1,000 yards is extremely unrealistic for a TE. Look at Funchess, he had 750 yards last year, Pedersen had 550, Lance Kendricks had over 600 at in 2010, Jeff Heuerman had 466, Ted Bolser only had over 300 and he got drafted etc. Eric Ebron didn't even get 1,000 yards last year and all of those guys had better QBs. I would very pleased if he had 600.

Sawvel says this is the best and deepest secondary he's ever had and Claeys thinks the defense will be better than last year. The running game will almost assuredly be better than last year and the offensive line should definitely be better. And the biggest question mark, the passing game, can't be much worse than it was last year. The team has improved in most facets of the game and the biggest question mark was not very good last year anyway, yet they still went 8-4. Hopefully the record at the end of this year will reflect that improvement.

It amazes me how far we've come since I was a freshman in '08... Never would've said that stuff four years ago

I am looking forward to seeing improvement in the passing game. It will help open the running game.

Sent from my LG-L38C using Tapatalk 2

I am looking forward to the Game Chat Room and no meltdowns occur on every play.

The tone of Gopherhole also continues to improve over the last four years as the team improves. I am looking forward to exciting posts about improvements with the team and the recruiting.

This is definitely the year for the Gophers to put their stamp in the B1G.

I hope you realize that I was talking about commentors in the chat room, right?

I fully realize that- unfortunately I expect when our kicker fails to boot it out of the end zone on the opening kick that there will be a plethora of folks lamenting the decision to not use a different kicker.

Being able to attend 10 of the 12 regular season games, including away games at TCU, Illinois, Nebraska, and Wisconsin! The only games I will miss are due to weddings.... and I will never understand why anyone would schedule a wedding on a Gopher football game day!

Being able to attend 10 of the 12 regular season games, including away games at TCU, Illinois, Nebraska, and Wisconsin! The only games I will miss are due to weddings.... and I will never understand why anyone would schedule a wedding on a Gopher football game day!

I'm in the same boat as you! Excited to get to DFW, Lincoln, and Madison though! Anytime I get a wedding invite in the mail, I cringe every time it shows a September date.

Top Bottom