What gets you excited about the 2014 Gophers?

EE_Gopher

Reaction score
To me, it is something said last year by the Nebraska coach. "They out-physicalled us!" It would be great to have more star athletes, but that still is not as big a deal as this!

I am not a fan of air raid offenses. I prefer running the ball. I like teams that chew up the clock and play stout defense. I'm excited about the style of playing we will likely see this year.

I'm excited to see the secondary punish opposing teams. I'm talking about laying a hammer on the guys coming across the middle. Crushing them. Thompson and Johnson know what I'm talking about. This team has gotten more physical every year. Damien Wilson is going to be a tackling machine.

On offense, Cobb will be a man on a mission. Nugget is going to blow some safeties up. It's going to be beautiful.

Having a real chance at
Winning Floyd, the Axe, and the Jug.
. And seeing the players develop. How BBC can come back from injury and take care of business. Being in Fort Worth to see how they stack up against TCU (I expect a win, but by how much is the question).

I'm excited about going to the games. Win or lose it's always fun.

I excited about the continued improvement in the team and intrigued by the prospect of having Williams and Wozniak on the field at the same time.

I'm excited to watch a physical defense impose their will upon teams

When Claeys says he'll be disappointed if our defense isn't better than last year. Thought they were pretty darn good last year.

To me, it is something said last year by the Nebraska coach. "They out-physicalled us!" It would be great to have more star athletes, but that still is not as big a deal as this!

I am excited the Gophers have another chance to perform well and get exciting results from the passing game. Running game must be solid, I understand. You also need to be able to throw the ball to be successful.

Pick 6's, The most exciting play in football IMO. Our secondary should be lights out this year. Watching Maxx bulldoze a bunch of safeties should be a good time also.

I think the biggest question mark - and maybe the key to the season - will be the play of Mitch Leidner. Leidner has showed some promise in relatively limited play. Now, he has to be "the man" - lead the team on and off the field. If he plays well, it could be a very exciting season. If he does not play well, who knows. That is what I will be watching 1st. After that - Berkley Edwards is the other great unknown. Can he make a real difference in the offense with his speed?

They have one of the toughest schedule in B1G West post nonconference:
at MI
at NW
Purdue
at IL
Iowa
OSU
at NE
at WI

Worst case: 5-7 Overall, 2-6 B1G
Best Case: 9-3 Overall, 5-3 B1G

MN will no longer be a gimmee win. I predict that the Gophers will be in every game to the end.

My excitement is that they will be entertaining to watch, and make life difficult for the rest of the B1G.

Looking forward to see great OL play. We finally get so see Bradley Edwards, and Nate Wozniak in action. Mitch is looking more polished and confident. We expect to see a few surprises in WR play.

Watch out Michigan! Watch out Wisconsin! Watch out Iowa! We are aiming to fill up the trophy case!

We are winners at Minnesota. The passing game will be in the top 6 of the conference. Rushing will be a surprising half of all yards gained. Jerry will not have a seizure on the sideline this year. Both the O and D will be top 30 nationally.

I am excited to watch Melvin Gordon and Corey Clement run for 300 yards against the Gophers thanksgiving weekend.

The offense. D has improved and will be good again this year. The O has got some real weapons for the first time in a long time and I foresee us putting a lot of points up. Wolitarski, Edwards, Williams, Cobb, Jones, Maye, Jones (hopefully). An O line to match. If you build it they will come. JK built it.

This would get me excited. If we win 2 of the 3 I would probably (depending how we lost the one game) be pleased.

Considering we'll probably be underdogs in all three games (double digit underdogs for the two road games), I'll be excited for one win. Two wins will be one of the best seasons in a couple decades and three wins WILL represent the best season in at least 30 years.

Continue defensive improvement. The average points allowed has steadily gone down each year under Coach Claeys. This year it could be under 20 points per game. Continued take aways and more three and outs.

Continue defensive improvement. The average points allowed has steadily gone down each year under Coach Claeys. This year it could be under 20 points per game. Continued take aways and more three and outs.
The funny thing is that a more consistent offense that sustains drive will go a long way towards a statistically better defense. That said I do think the defense will be better.

Talk is cheap, otisflowerchild. Prove it.

Now, now Dr. Don. To be fair little Melvy Gordon does have a whopping 103 yards in two games against the Gophers. That's nearly 52 yards a game. This Clementine fellow must really be the cat's meow!

The funny thing is that a more consistent offense that sustains drive will go a long way towards a statistically better defense. That said I do think the defense will be better.

And why do long sustained drives help the defense. They are on the bench, able to review blocking, schemes, and adjustments if necessary. If the long sustained drive results in points there is a kick off and the field tilts to the defense's favor.

Now, now Dr. Don. To be fair little Melvy Gordon does have a whopping 103 yards in two games against the Gophers. That's nearly 52 yards a game. This Clementine fellow must really be the cat's meow!
You know better than this. He was third string two tears ago and second string last year. You won't have that luxury, unless he is hurt, this year. If he is healthy, best of luck stopping him and Corey. Frankly, I am far more worried about us stopping your power running attack with our undersized front seven than I am of you stopping our running game.

The thought of gold jerseys, white pants, and white helmets.....to see GHers heads explode

You know better than this. He was third string two tears ago and second string last year. You won't have that luxury, unless he is hurt, this year. If he is healthy, best of luck stopping him and Corey. Frankly, I am far more worried about us stopping your power running attack with our undersized front seven than I am of you stopping our running game.

Intentional?:clap:

Top Bottom