Sid: U is having trouble coming close to reaching their goal of raising the $190MM

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Sid:

• The Gophers athletic department is having trouble coming close to reaching their goal of raising the $190 million to improve facilities. But the Foundation for Minnesota Baseball, a group that came up with $450,000 for lights at Siebert Field, is making progress in producing the $8 to $10 million originally budgeted for a hitting facility, new press box, clubhouse and roof over the concourse.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/268377942.html?page=all&prepage=1&c=y#continue

Go Gophers!!

per Sid:

• The Gophers athletic department is having trouble coming close to reaching their goal of raising the $190 million to improve facilities. But the Foundation for Minnesota Baseball, a group that came up with $450,000 for lights at Siebert Field, is making progress in producing the $8 to $10 million originally budgeted for a hitting facility, new press box, clubhouse and roof over the concourse.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/268377942.html?page=all&prepage=1&c=y#continue

Go Gophers!!

They're having trouble even coming close? Not trouble reaching their goal, just coming close to it? That's like running a marathon and having trouble getting to the 15 mile mark. That can't be good.

Odd line, I wouldn't read much into it.

Who in their right mind would think we would be close or coming close or coming close to being close to raising 190 at this point? Nobody.

Maybe try scheduling some exciting non-conference games if you want to get people to buy in. Treat the fans cheaply and you better not be surprised if they treat you cheaply.

The U should have at least three quality home-and-homes going a season. A lineup with Iowa State, Creighton, and idk, Colorado would pump a lot of much needed excitement into the program and give people something to look forward to before January.

Maybe try scheduling some exciting non-conference games if you want to get people to buy in. Treat the fans cheaply and you better not be surprised if they treat you cheaply.

The U should have at least three quality home-and-homes going a season. A lineup with Iowa State, Creighton, and idk, Colorado would pump a lot of much needed excitement into the program and give people something to look forward to before January.

I would bet that the non con schedule in bball has next to no effect on the donation conversations that have been had to date.

Really? At least 3? Are you trying to set a new standard? I don't know the exact number of teams from major conferences who can say they do that, but I can't imagine it's very many.

Some years back when the building moratorium was still on and everyone including Tubby Smith agreed that the baseball facility would be next up, I clearly remember Sid complaining about the U administration holding up progress because John Anderson had all the money for the baseball project lined up. Sid has no clue when people over at the U are just yanking his chain.

Top Bottom