2014 Fall Camp Roster

Killjoy

Reaction score
By rule the fall camp roster is limited to 105 players. Presently the team has 121 players on the roster. If you exclude Connor Cosgrove, Dexter Foreman, and Peter Westerhaus who have medical exemption scholarships the net number on the roster is now down to 118. This number could be further reduced depending on the status of Jeff Jones and the medical condition of Jon Christenson.

That means that the staff will need to select 11 to 13 players to sit out fall camp. It is my understanding that all incoming preferred walk-on freshmen are guaranteed a spot for their first fall camp. We may learn a little more about the status of certain players by who is on the fall camp roster and who isn’t. It also may be saying something about strength and weaknesses of certain positions. Last year a lot of punters were invited to fall camp.

I am guessing that 3 scholarship players are left off the roster.

The question is which three?

My understanding is that they can also switch in players midway through for injuries.
A guy like Poock, Kricancic, Kirkwood, or other injured player could start out doing rehab and take another players slot after a week for example should we get injuries that need to sit out.

The question is which three?

Looking at the #'s, I am guessing that 25-26 WO are invited. We have 20 offensive linemen and I think two schollies don't dress. Jeff Jones will not be there. So, there are the three.

Top Bottom