Annual "What I Love About Jerry Kill" Thread

El Amin Fan

Reaction score
Let's hear it Gophers fans, what do you love about our beloved coach this year!

I'll start - I love the progress we've made each year. It's methodical, strategic and sustainable. This isn't a quick fix staff and then bolt. This is truly a brick by brick foundation. Let's fill this thread up with everything we love about Kill!

I love that we haven't learned our lesson about overhyping people.

I'm very pleased with Kill and the job he's done, looking forward to more progress. How's that?

I love that he's a good fit philosophically with the people of the state. Working hard and getting better every day resonates. Minnesotans understand "Brick by Brick'.

I love that most of our assistant coaches have been around longer than 1 year and the team feels like they have consistency and know what to expect. The older guys can get the younger guys up to speed because everyone knows what to expect.
And that he kind of looks like a gopher :)

When he comes across a group of lads heading out for a night on the town prior to a Big Ten road game, he doesn't mind having his walk interrupted to pose for a picture....even if one of the lads accidentally steps on his earphones (sorry, Coach).

I love the way he represents the U and the state
I love his toughness and determination after what he went thru last year
I love that "great family" is a major criteria for recruits

That he has been a program changer and he is turning the culture of football at the U

I like the fact that he has a winning track record, history of success and stability in his coaching staff. That and we are getting back to pounding the rock and running the football and building the offensive and defensive lines as a foundation for the program. We are finally going to have a Big 10 O-line, that is a start to making the offense and quarterback better as a whole.
The players are starting to actually believe they can play and win against anybody on any given day and there are fewer pot belly's on the team. Belief is half the battle and he and his staff are already instilling that in players, recruits and support staff and fans. We have been bottom feeders for too long and it is a matter of time before we start winning more of these trophy games. They are not just trinkets they are a source of pride for fans and alumns alike.
Even with the tough schedule the Gophers are going to surprise a few people this fall. Here is looking at you Columbus Dispatch and your 3% chance predicition. Got this game already circled as a pivitol, game, they will be highly favored, tOSU will be favored by all national outlets and should be but the Gophers are going to be in this football game. This will be the Gophers best home game of the year.

Love his no nonsense approach, perseverance, and simplicity.

I'm a big fan of just about every aspect, but especially love his photogeneity

c1yvPDM.jpg

I love that this team is becoming one that other teams don't want to play...i.e. beaten and battered....like facing Wisconsin's offensive line or Iowa's linebackers. Blue collar, take a beating.

A genuine good person who will bring the Gophers to great heights unrealized in a long long time.

I like the fact that he has a winning track record, history of success and stability in his coaching staff. That and we are getting back to pounding the rock and running the football and building the offensive and defensive lines as a foundation for the program. We are finally going to have a Big 10 O-line, that is a start to making the offense and quarterback better as a whole.
The players are starting to actually believe they can play and win against anybody on any given day and there are fewer pot belly's on the team. Belief is half the battle and he and his staff are already instilling that in players, recruits and support staff and fans. We have been bottom feeders for too long and it is a matter of time before we start winning more of these trophy games. They are not just trinkets they are a source of pride for fans and alumns alike.
Even with the tough schedule the Gophers are going to surprise a few people this fall. Here is looking at you Columbus Dispatch and your 3% chance predicition. Got this game already circled as a pivitol, game, they will be highly favored, tOSU will be favored by all national outlets and should be but the Gophers are going to be in this football game. This will be the Gophers best home game of the year.

When the Buckeyes come to TCF to face the 9-0 Minnesota Golden Gophers... Yes, in front a big time national audience, Jerry prevails! Love something more about ol' Jer than that!

i like that guys in the program are getting significantly bigger as they progress through the program, and that we're building real depth. we'll start to see the benefits of both of these in years 4 & 5 which is great.

i love that we just made it through another entire off-season without an off the field incident.

Top Bottom