MN Daily: Gophers stars return in search of title

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the Daily:

But the Gophers players decided to put their NHL aspirations on hold for a chance at a national title.

“They do the smart thing — they get the information and they do what they feel is best for them at this stage of their life,” head coach Don Lucia said.

When Rau, an All-American and the program’s active leader in scoring, announced July 10 he would return for his senior season, the last of potential early departures had reaffirmed their commitment to Minnesota.

“[Rau] had a very difficult time making a decision, but there’s no doubt when he made it that he was going to be in with both feet,” Lucia said.

http://www.mndaily.com/sports/mens-hockey/2014/07/22/gophers-stars-return-search-title

Go Gophers!!

Its ours this year. Both Men's and Women's. Will be the first time both programs at one school will be unanimous #1's all year long.

I know you're kidding, but the chances of both being unanimous #1 in the preseason polls have to be less than 10%.

I know you're kidding, but the chances of both being unanimous #1 in the preseason polls have to be less than 10%.

Women should be, as they return Olympic stars and have a decent chance to go undefeated. Men will stumble during year, but I do hope they make another run in March.

Top Bottom