Pitino's Press Conference Notes: Pre-season NIT influx, conditioning, surprises...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great stuff GL, and I don't mind the typos in the write-up, but the title of the thread saying 'influx" instead of "in flux" is driving me crazy. Don't sink to Amelia's level on this. :)

Saber, use your brain. There is an influx of teams that are causing the NIT preseason to be in flux.

I don't think Eliason is dopey. I am still trying to decide if he is Sleepy, Sneezy, Bashful, Grumpy, Happy, or if he is a "Doc."

Love this stuff from Pitino. I think the fan base in general has been far too understanding of home losses over the last X number of years. We can't be losing home games to Northwestern and Illinois last year (or in the Tubby years to Penn State and Michigan before Beilein really got going) as it's so tough to make up for those L's.

Very concerned that "pound for pound" Joey King or DeAndre Mathieu is our strongest player. It's not surprising, but it's going to be tough to get to where we want to go when we don't have one mean/nasty rebounder on the entire roster. What I miss a lot about the Clem days (and even the one Stamper/Puchtel Monson team) was that we had a group of guys that weren't going to get punked.

Really anxious to see what this team looks like next year and whether or not the program can take a step forward. It feels like an important year as momentum is so crucial when you don't have a program that recruits itself (and only about a dozen or so do).

Strongest pound for pound doesn't mean strongest on the team. Plus Josh Martin will probably be the physical rebounder and only having been on campus for a couple months it's no surprise Pitino didn't mention him.

I don't think what you said was a big deal or offensive in any way. You're digging yourself out of a hole that never should've existed. Far worse things are said on here all the time and don't get any type of response.

:pig:

I don't think anyone is outraged. However, 3 or 4 people commented on my use of the word "dopey", I'm a little miffed.... As far as me digging myself out of a hole, absolutely, I didn't feel like I should have offended anyone, and I stated as such. If I did offend someone, I truly am sorry. I'll move on as soon as we find someone else's posts to analyze.

I think everyone is extremely bored and we need some goddamn football/basketball news to keep us busy, nothing more nothing less.

If someone called you big when you're 7 feet tall you'd be offended? Dopey partially means just sluggish/slow. I'd say big and sluggish ar pretty appropriate words for someone of that size.

This is one of the stranger back and forths I've seen on here.

If someone called me big and dopey, yes, I'd take that pretty personally. Ditto to what corcoran said.

What else are we going to talk about in July, ya big dopes?

Definitely a sign of slow times @ Gopher Hole the fact this conversation has lasted this long!

As Joaquin Andujar once said, "Ya' never know," something much more interesting to discuss could pop up at any time. Didn't Pitino say the (nonconference) schedule is due out shortly?

WRONG

If someone called you big when you're 7 feet tall you'd be offended? Dopey partially means just sluggish/slow. I'd say big and sluggish ar pretty appropriate words for someone of that size.

Dopey was not appropriate or necessary. Poor choice of words IMO (and the majority of GHers agree it seems).

Not calling for the person who originally posted it to be kicked off or say sorry or anything close to that, just pointing out it was not called for.

If someone addressed me by, 'Hey ya big dope' they would likely get smacked in the face.

Dopey was not appropriate or necessary. Poor choice of words IMO (and the majority of GHers agree it seems).

Not calling for the person who originally posted it to be kicked off or say sorry or anything close to that, just pointing out it was not called for.

If someone addressed me by, 'Hey ya big dope' they would likely get smacked in the face.

Except Winasota was using dopey to describe his basketball performance. Much different context than the example you provided.

Except Winasota was using dopey to describe his basketball performance. Much different context than the example you provided.

Since you can read Winasots's mind and oddly feel the need to defend him... I don't see where it describes only "basketball performance", as you put it. So he looks big and dopey on the court, but in his nike shorts and gophers tee on campus he looks completely different?

EE under 10% body fat?!?! Woah... He always looked a little chubby to me, but maybe that was just because he's so big and dopey?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom