GopherSports: Season Opener is Throwback Thursday - Light 'Em Up Gold!

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the U:

Gopher Football opens the 2014 season Thursday, Aug. 28 under the lights at TCF Bank Stadium, and it's Throwback Thursday - Light 'Em Up Gold! All fans are encouraged to wear GOLD apparel to the game, and Goldy's Locker Room will be offering a special Throwback gold t-shirt for sale leading up to the game.

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/throwback-thursday-voting.html

Go Gophers!!

All 3 of those throwback t-shirt options are really cool. So which one did you all vote for? I went with option number one, passing "throwback" Goldy. It was a tough pick between that and number two, rushing "throwback" Goldy.

I like #2 the best. Goldy has maroon over gold.

The other two Goldy is all gold. I hate the all gold.

header-twitter-shirt.jpg

I went with #2 as well.

I won't be able to make it to the opener but I will have to purchase whichever one is picked. Love the throwbacks.

.....but, seriously, I like #1 with 2 a very close second.

The punter in #3 must be a Brewster recruit from our horrible "I hope this punt goes forward" days. :cool:

starting to advertise for a gold out before the week of the game, is everything alright over at the U?

Can't wait for the opener...

Upon further review; #2 may not be maroon over gold. What appears to be the maroon may in fact be a football Goldy is carrying.

.....but, seriously, I like #1 with 2 a very close second.

The punter in #3 must be a Brewster recruit from our horrible "I hope this punt goes forward" days. :cool:

At one point, Brew was saying we had the best punter in the nation!!!

I forget who he was talking about though

At one point, Brew was saying we had the best punter in the nation!!!

I forget who he was talking about though

I think it was Dan Orseske. From what I remember, the dude was capable of some nice long punts, but could just as often shank one for less than 20 yards.

As far as the shirts, I like #2 the best.

if you don't vote #3 you are not #B1G enough

If they really want this Gold-Out to take full effect, they'd find a sponsor for the back of those shirts, and put one on every seat. 98% of the stadium would put those on if they had a free shirt sitting in their seat.

As for the design, either of the first two look great to me!!

If they really want this Gold-Out to take full effect, they'd find a sponsor for the back of those shirts, and put one on every seat. 98% of the stadium would put those on if they had a free shirt sitting in their seat.

Yes. Plus add:
2014 OPENER....I was there.

And make it a yearly tradition.

All 3 of those throwback t-shirt options are really cool. So which one did you all vote for? I went with option number one, passing "throwback" Goldy. It was a tough pick between that and number two, rushing "throwback" Goldy.

I always thought #1 was a touchdown celebration Goldy about the spike the ball.

Does this mean throwback unis? With Gold helmets (yuck)? We did wear all gold way back when. I hope they bring back the leather helmets.

And send them out with the distribution of season tickets.
I dropped a deuce on the voting.

Minority opinion - Sorry folks, but when I saw the three designs, the 1st thing I thought was that Alvin and the Chipmunks were doing a football-themed video.

They're a little too "cute" for my taste. I would rather go for a slightly "tougher" design. Maybe a Gopher kicking the bleep out of a badger........?

Minority opinion - Sorry folks, but when I saw the three designs, the 1st thing I thought was that Alvin and the Chipmunks were doing a football-themed video.

They're a little too "cute" for my taste. I would rather go for a slightly "tougher" design. Maybe a Gopher kicking the bleep out of a badger........?

Like This?funny-pictures-chippy-the-attack-gopher-1hv.jpg

What ever they decide I hope it's on sale during the open scrimmage so I don't have to make a special trip.

Another gold-out attempt? You have to respect their persistence.

Gophersports said they would be on sale online once the vote was complete.

They're retro. You don't get to pick your history. I love em!

At the same time, I like #2 best because it's an aggressive posture. So I kind of agree with you.

Gold (ahem, yellow?), you flatter my 300+lb body so much :pig:
hopefully they make sizes for big fellas so I can look like a 2nd sun on TV!

I hope they don't print them on crappy quality tees. I'm requesting a minimum of 50% polyester.

Top Bottom