Opening game has all the ingredients of a sellout.

The opening game is an official Welcome Week activity. The freshmen will be given a ticket and dinner at the stadium. The U did a great job with this last year. The freshmen were taught school cheers and traditions the night before the game, and they came in all fired up for the game. There is also a dance for the students at McNamara after the game. The U is trying to get the students involved.

They have been doing this (below) for the past 2 or 3 years (maybe longer?). I love it each time it gets released:

6:00 is a perfect starting time for me. Will give me time to drive over from St. Paul when I'm off work and grab a couple drinks and something to eat. Game shouldn't go too late either.....which is another plus.

Wasnt Eastern Illinois something like 10-2 last year? I could be wrong.

Wasnt Eastern Illinois something like 10-2 last year? I could be wrong.

Won their division. Lose their QB who put up insane numbers, but they've a very good QB who transferred in. I agree
Sparlimb, this game will not be over in the first quarter.

I'm a long time season ticket holder and it has never bothered me about discounted tickets. By in large, these seats are
end zone seats. Heck, we're on the 30 yard line and and we've seen walk ups sitting next to us, especially in the pre-season, saying they bought the tickets on the street for 15.00. It is what it is. If the Gophers advance beyond the Mason
years you won't see discounted tickets.

Cue the poor abused season ticket owners that get upset about discounted tickets.

Any season ticket holder could give them up and take their chances game by game and save a few bucks. Not me as I value my tickets which provide me security and an opportunity to contribute much needed $$ to the program. Plus I don't want to be searching for tickets or not get any on the street after a four hour drive.

People who want the Gophers to be competitive have to realize that it can't be done with $10 tickets and Blue Light Specials.

I have no problem with bargain hunters. It puts butts in the seats. After being a Gopher fan for decades, I hold out hope that there will come a time when Gopher tickets will be a premium and a tough ticket.

The ticket office still is not selling single game tickets for the non-conference. Instead you have to buy a two pack. Why not start selling non-conference as single game at the same time as the two pack? Someone, who forever whatever reason, wants tickets for Eastern Illinois or MTSU should be able to buy them. It is just easier to go through StubHub.

Any season ticket holder could give them up and take their chances game by game and save a few bucks. Not me as I value my tickets which provide me security and an opportunity to contribute much needed $$ to the program. Plus I don't want to be searching for tickets or not get any on the street after a four hour drive.

People who want the Gophers to be competitive have to realize that it can't be done with $10 tickets and Blue Light Specials.

I have no problem with bargain hunters. It puts butts in the seats. After being a Gopher fan for decades, I hold out hope that there will come a time when Gopher tickets will be a premium and a tough ticket.

Good points Bayfield. We make the trek down from Nisswa, and in 24 years we may
have missed a dozen games. Some of those games I sold the tickets too Gopher fans here on the hole.

The ticket office still is not selling single game tickets for the non-conference.

I don’t think this is true. Go to GopherSports.com and click the ticket tab. Scroll down below the Two Pack promo to “Upcoming Events,” locate Eastern Illinois and click “Buy.” After entering my account info, it took me through the process of selecting seats for just that one game. I didn’t complete the purchase because I don’t need any extra tickets, but it seemed like I could have if I wanted to do so. Maybe only season ticket holders can do that?

Thanks, good to see. This must have been in the last day or so. Should have checked first before posting.

"Non-conference single game tickets go on sale June 17."

I looked and couldn't find them as recently as last week. Probably on me but I have bought tickets through Gophersports before and never had problems.

Update:
I just called the Gopher ticket office and the guy told me there are about 6,300 seats left for sale. There are an additional 1,270 available on Stub Hub. Capacity of the stadium is right around 52,000 with the added bleachers. Unless there I a major blitz in this last week, it doesn't look like it will be a sell out.

What is the usual number of gameday ticket sales? Even if they don't get used, the tickets on Stubhub are already sold, so they count toward a sell out. Those remaining 6000+ tickets may not all be sold, but it might not be too far off.

Sent from my LG-L38C using Tapatalk 2

Good point about the second market seats. Taking a look at the map on Gophersports and the temp bleachers are almost full. The only areas with a lot of seats left are in the upper corners of the horse shoe. This seems like far more tickets sold than last year. I also wonder if they are giving all the freshmen a free ticket and what not. Either way, my butt will be in the stands and I can't wait for football to start again.

Planning to get walk-up tickets next week. Think there's any chance to get tickets under face value from scalpers if they're nosebleeds?

Stub Hub prices start at $17 which is 48% below face.

Planning to get walk-up tickets next week. Think there's any chance to get tickets under face value from scalpers if they're nosebleeds?

Definitely. Lots of tickets still available on 3rd party sites for way under face.

Good seats still available! Between 450-500 seats (between the 40's!) are unsold in sections 210 & 211 alone.

Really hard to judge fan interest based on tickets sold these days. With all the third party sites out there and multi-game packages that put an unattractive game with a more attractive one it leads to inflated sales numbers that come nowhere close to the actual attendance at the game. I always find it funny at sporting events when they announce the attendance number and you look around and can clearly see that the actual attendance is nowhere close to the announced number.

Really hard to judge fan interest based on tickets sold these days. With all the third party sites out there and multi-game packages that put an unattractive game with a more attractive one it leads to inflated sales numbers that come nowhere close to the actual attendance at the game. I always find it funny at sporting events when they announce the attendance number and you look around and can clearly see that the actual attendance is nowhere close to the announced number.

Ya, I think we ought to hash over this topic again.

To some extent, this depends on how our athletic department defines success with respect to seating. If all we are concerned about is the revenue from the seat, then it is a success if we manage to collect that revenue even it the seat goes unused as part of a bundle with a better game or a sale to a ticket broker. If we also are concerned about the stadium atmosphere and its impact on the team, as well as on creating an environment that creates long term interest in the team, then that is an area of concern. I've had this conversation over on the hockey board, because Mariucci seems to be the king of sold but unused seats.

Update:
I just called the Gopher ticket office and the guy told me there are about 6,300 seats left for sale. There are an additional 1,270 available on Stub Hub. Capacity of the stadium is right around 52,000 with the added bleachers. Unless there I a major blitz in this last week, it doesn't look like it will be a sell out.

That's way better than I thought we'd get.

We're approaching Viking pre season levels.

They expect to to sell around a 1000 tickets at the State Fair according to Jill Thompson in sales and marketing

They expect to to sell around a 1000 tickets at the State Fair according to Jill Thompson in sales and marketing

Does the fair start this weekend?

Also, whats our expectation on the Student section? These first games are generally under attended as kids are not yet on campus correct?

Top Bottom