STrib: Gophers basketball summer series: Offseason surgery has slowed Charles Buggs

So if jumping ability is being an athlete in basketball. Without argument Wally Ellenson was the best athlete on the team last year?

So if jumping ability is being an athlete in basketball. Without argument Wally Ellenson was the best athlete on the team last year?

Um, I'd say an Olympic quality high jumper should be considered the best athlete on the team. You don't?

Um, I'd say an Olympic quality high jumper should be considered the best athlete on the team. You don't?

Of course I think he is a great athlete, but it didn't really translate to his game. Part of that could have been that he wasn't very experienced and was lost on the court.

Of course I think he is a great athlete, but it didn't really translate to his game. Part of that could have been that he wasn't very experienced and was lost on the court.

Great athleticism does not guarantee a great basketball player. Obviously.

Great athleticism does not guarantee a great basketball player. Obviously.

Again I agree to that. I've just thought if a player is athletic enough they can use that to be an a average player. For me I view an athletic player to have speed, agility, and jumping ability

High jumping is a lot technique and trained skill.

Look at the year before, did being an Olympic quality high jumper make him the best athlete on the team? No. Rodney was.

Top Bottom