STrib: Gophers basketball summer series: Andre Hollins

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the STrib:

"I think he's the Andre Hollins that the fans remember from a while ago right now," McHale said. "He has a bounce-back in his game, he's healthy."

This season being his last, Hollins is more motivated than ever, McHale said. He's feeling good again, the physical health feeding into well-being of the mental variety. He has a chip on his shoulder after getting left off all three All-Big Ten teams last season. And if you ask McHale, the smiling senior is ready to change that.

"He's not going to be satisfied with a .500 year in the Big Ten," McHale said. "The kid looks so good in workouts right now ... he's playing as good as he has since I've been here."

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/267669571.html

Go Gophers!!

per the STrib:

"I think he's the Andre Hollins that the fans remember from a while ago right now," McHale said. "He has a bounce-back in his game, he's healthy."

This season being his last, Hollins is more motivated than ever, McHale said. He's feeling good again, the physical health feeding into well-being of the mental variety. He has a chip on his shoulder after getting left off all three All-Big Ten teams last season. And if you ask McHale, the smiling senior is ready to change that.

"He's not going to be satisfied with a .500 year in the Big Ten," McHale said. "The kid looks so good in workouts right now ... he's playing as good as he has since I've been here."

Go Gophers!!

I needed that.

Last line of the article is the money-shot.

If we can get an average of 30+ minutes of Memphis style Andre, look the f out..... /POLLYANNA

per the STrib:

Go Gophers!!

Great to hear!

POLLYANNA
I missed something. Why do you keep posting this saying?

Just looked this up; no clue here...

Pollyanna's philosophy of life centers on what she calls "The Glad Game", an optimistic attitude she learned from her father. The game consists of finding something to be glad about in every situation. It originated in an incident one Christmas when Pollyanna, who was hoping for a doll in the missionary barrel, found only a pair of crutches inside. Making the game up on the spot, Pollyanna's father taught her to look at the good side of things—in this case, to be glad about the crutches because "we didn't need to use them!"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pollyanna

POLLYANNA

Just looked this up; no clue here...

Pollyanna's philosophy of life centers on what she calls "The Glad Game", an optimistic attitude she learned from her father. The game consists of finding something to be glad about in every situation. It originated in an incident one Christmas when Pollyanna, who was hoping for a doll in the missionary barrel, found only a pair of crutches inside. Making the game up on the spot, Pollyanna's father taught her to look at the good side of things—in this case, to be glad about the crutches because "we didn't need to use them!"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pollyanna

I asked Winasota about POLLYANNA several months ago and got no response. It's pretty annoying so I just blocked him.

Someone quote this for Burton as I didn't mean to ignore him, but whatever, he needs to get on the POLLYANNA movement, I'm not the only one who posts this.

Howieramone calls MadtownGopher Pollyanna based on his belief that Carlos Morris is going to be terrible and he accuses Madtown of saying CM would be better than Austin Hollins, which I've never seen done. He continued to call Mad Pollyanna to which I replied to his post with the one below (found the original time I said POLLYANNA on the board)

character from a '60s movie titled Pollyanna after a book that always expects the best

I've now adopted it as my battle cry, every slightly positive post will be finished with....

POLLYANNA!!!!

I encourage all you other POLLYANNA's out there to follow suit.

POLLYANNA

Thread can be read starting here.

Others now use it, as do I, to express situations when you are showing complete fanboyism and looking only at the bright side while ignoring all that is negative.

Its also worth mentioning that Pollyanna is a movie character who expresses the same positive attitude about everything.

I asked Winasota about POLLYANNA several months ago and got no response. It's pretty annoying so I just blocked him.
Lol you blocked him because of Pollyanna?!?!?!?

You must not follow the board much.

Someone quote this for Burton as I didn't mean to ignore him, but whatever, he needs to get on the POLLYANNA movement, I'm not the only one who posts this.

Howieramone calls MadtownGopher Pollyanna based on his belief that Carlos Morris is going to be terrible and he accuses Madtown of saying CM would be better than Austin Hollins, which I've never seen done. He continued to call Mad Pollyanna to which I replied to his post with the one below (found the original time I said POLLYANNA on the board)

Thread can be read starting here.

Others now use it, as do I, to express situations when you are showing complete fanboyism and looking only at the bright side while ignoring all that is negative.

Its also worth mentioning that Pollyanna is a movie character who expresses the same positive attitude about everything.

Glad to hear Andre is back on track. We will need him to make a nice run in the NCAA tourney

STrib: Andre Hollins has a spring in his step at last

With the ankle no longer a concern, Hollins can focus on other things. In particular: his explosiveness, the Gophers’ summer project for him.

After workouts, Hollins will stay in the gym with Brown, pushing around 90-pound plates on a sled for 10-second spurts.

“I have a chip on my shoulder just because of the way we finished [in the Big Ten standings],” he said. “I’ve never finished in the top four, I’ve never won a Big Ten championship. That chip is always there. … I just want to win.”

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/268208342.html?page=all&prepage=1&c=y#continue

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom