U "fairly confident it will be able to raise the entire amount" for facilities

BleedGopher

Reaction score

per the MN Daily:

The department is fairly confident it will be able to raise the entire amount, Teague said at the board meeting.

He said a feasibility study that officials completed in February showed corporations and private parties are interested in donating, but there aren’t many willing to donate more than seven figures.

Although Chris Werle, Minnesota’s senior associate athletics director for strategic communications, said there still isn’t a specific timeline for the project, Teague said at the meeting that he hopes the entire process will be shorter than the six- to eight-year time span he originally announced last July.

http://www.mndaily.com/news/campus/2014/07/15/athletics-department-preps-changes-facilities

Go Gophers!!

per the MN Daily:

The department is fairly confident it will be able to raise the entire amount, Teague said at the board meeting.

He said a feasibility study that officials completed in February showed corporations and private parties are interested in donating, but there aren’t many willing to donate more than seven figures.

Although Chris Werle, Minnesota’s senior associate athletics director for strategic communications, said there still isn’t a specific timeline for the project, Teague said at the meeting that he hopes the entire process will be shorter than the six- to eight-year time span he originally announced last July.

http://www.mndaily.com/news/campus/2014/07/15/athletics-department-preps-changes-facilities

Go Gophers!!
7 figures gets you a letter grade of

b-letter-grade.jpg

8 Figures gets an A!!!!

Where is good old late night hoops - GW to tell us how Teague is F'ing this up?

The fact is that in prior admins the number would have been Zero! This is a big win for the U and is a great start. Of course we would have loved for it to be real easy with a few donors giving all the money, but that is just not the tradition in this part of the country.

Reality check. The $190 million dollars worth of facilities isn't being built in less than 6 years. Maybe phase 1 will be done, which is the only phase I really care about to be honest.

Reality check. The $190 million dollars worth of facilities isn't being built in less than 6 years. Maybe phase 1 will be done, which is the only phase I really care about to be honest.

All you care about is a rowing team practice facility? Aw $hit! By definition, they already have one. They practice there, don't they?

All you care about is a rowing team practice facility? Aw $hit! By definition, they already have one. They practice there, don't they?

I thought phase 1 had several facilities including football & basketball among a couple others.

There's a big jump from "fairly confident" to having the money in the bank and a shovel in the ground.

To me, "fairly confident" means - "we might be able to do it" - not "we will do it."

I know guys who were "fairly confident" their girlfriends wouldn't get pregnant - and they wound up changing a lot of diapers.

Sorry, but I just keep getting a whiff of BS from Teague. He talks a good show, but I want to see results.

There's a big jump from "fairly confident" to having the money in the bank and a shovel in the ground.

To me, "fairly confident" means - "we might be able to do it" - not "we will do it."

I know guys who were "fairly confident" their girlfriends wouldn't get pregnant - and they wound up changing a lot of diapers.

Sorry, but I just keep getting a whiff of BS from Teague. He talks a good show, but I want to see results.

You should write for Late Night Hoops, you would fit right in.

Top Bottom