Prime Prep faces closure by state officials, plans to appeal

This story is more of an off-topic story.

Charter schools have a track record of two things happening.

1) Lack of oversight results in fraudulent activity by directors at the charter schools.

2) Success of a charter school results in fraudulent accusations by government officials where the government creates a witch hunt. The government concocts some accusation and then publicly declares that it is going to shut down the charter school. The result is that parents bale on the charter school and even if the school wins its case against the government, they have a drastically lower student body, which forces lay-offs at the school and cripples the school from achieving its charter.

The government has this bizarre way of wiping out not only the bad schools, but also the elite schools. It's a system that requires the administration to be mediocre so that neither the good or bad qualities of the school are noticeable. Don't get noticed. It's the name of the game for a successful school.

I wish somebody would shut down Findlay Prep. Now THAT is a fraudulent school -- only enrollees are the basketball team, all living together in one house. (Technically not even a school, which is I guess how they stay in business).

I wish somebody would shut down Findlay Prep. Now THAT is a fraudulent school -- only enrollees are the basketball team, all living together in one house. (Technically not even a school, which is I guess how they stay in business).

Unfortunately, Findlay Prep receives no government funding so as long as no criminal laws are broken, the State of Nevada can't step in.

My personal opinion - these new charter schools and academies should not be part of the established high school league system. (speaking mainly about MN now). It's too hard to verify that these new schools are playing by the same rules as the public schools in terms of enrollment and eligibility. Let them have their own private/charter/academy state playoffs if they want.

Top Bottom