Yahoo: Nation's top high school guard considering playing overseas

You would do it because you aren't expecting to make multiple millions of dollars/year in a year and over the next few years like he is. I'm just saying given the option of doing what I said, take out an insurance policy, a high interest loan to get you through the next year and stay relevant state side would be more attractive TO ME than going to CHINA for 1.2 million and possibly falling of the face of the earth.

Now, my theory of staying relevant is easier said than done and this wild idea of mine is based on the fact that he could obtain an insurance policy that would get him some money if he didn't get drafted/hurt.

I just don't like China that much I guess is the point.

Maybe a young player could get an advance from their agent for some cash. It would seem to me that playing pro ball in a different country could benefit a young man in many different ways. Not just financially but emotionally as well. All depends on the player I guess. I dont see how they would lose relevance though. NBA drafts young players from everywhere now. If you're good enough they'll notice.

Top Bottom