Who Will Be The Second 2015 Commitment?

Who will be the second 2015 Gopher commit?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

golfing18now

Reaction score
Dorsey was probably the third choice in the last poll before all the nonsense votes today.

Let's try this again and hope for some more good news!

I voted Jarvis but we just as happy if it were Clarke or Alex! :)

Pitino has been watching Dorsey & Clarke everyday... 2 Virginia guys, 2 Virginia commits... One can only hope!!!

I think it'll either be Clarke or Jarvis. I'm hoping Clarke, because of our targets, only a Trier or Whitt verbal would be bigger than a Clarke commitment, and Clarke is ALOT more realistic.

If we get Clarke, I'm going to go nuts. Dude would be an awesome addition. I went with AI, but almost went Jarvis.

I went with Illikainen because Creighton backed off. I think that made his decision easier, and he will decide before Labor Day.

So exactly how many Scollys do we have available for this class anyway?

Well I'm one-for-one already with my Dorsey pick. So let's keep the streak going with an Illikainen verbal. I heard he was likely to decide before September.

If I'm wrong though and Clarke commits first, trust me I won't be sad.

Crystal Ball Predictions for the top 4 in the poll:

Alex Illikainen: 100% Minnesota - http://247sports.com/Player/Alex-Illikainen-31471
Jarvis Johnson: 100% Minnesota - http://247sports.com/Player/Jarvis-Johnson-22916
Chris Clarke: 64% VT, 21% Maryland - http://247sports.com/Player/Chris-Clarke-31927
Sacar Anim: 80% UNI, 20% Minnesota - http://247sports.com/Player/Sacar-Anim-34768

In regard to Jarvis, it's interesting to me that it appears Bryan Kriss changed his prediction to Wisconsin shortly after Dorsey committed here, but then changed his prediction back to Minnesota later that same night. Kriss seems like a pretty reputable recruiting guy; I wonder if he happened to hear something to make him change it back to the Gophers so quickly. I'm hoping there's actually legs to the report that Jarvis and his family are intrigued by the possible backcourt duo of both him and Dorsey.

I put absolutely 0 stock in the crystal ball - see our crystal ball % with Dorsey prior to signing. Add in the fact they change them right before the commitment... To me you'd be better off with a counter of how many times he says the word Minnesota or Wisconsin in a 24hr time period.

In regard to Jarvis, it's interesting to me that it appears Bryan Kriss changed his prediction to Wisconsin shortly after Dorsey committed here, but then changed his prediction back to Minnesota later that same night. Kriss seems like a pretty reputable recruiting guy; I wonder if he happened to hear something to make him change it back to the Gophers so quickly. I'm hoping there's actually legs to the report that Jarvis and his family are intrigued by the possible backcourt duo of both him and Dorsey.

Good thoughts about insider information. My more skeptical outlook is that he heard the same things that we all heard, i.e. Pitino was not backing off his recruiting of Jarvis just because he had a point guard in the fold and the UConn image is what he is selling. It's a great pitch.

I know I'm in the minority here now, but I still think it is important to get the best MN kids who can play B1G basketball to stay home, even if we can get equivalent players from elsewhere. Keeping the locals is one of the keys to long term success here. Jarvis is an important recruit on multiple levels. First, because he can play. Second, because he is from here. I put Alex in that mix as well. Winning will create that environment. An above expectations season this year will be huge in recruiting.

Holy Man, You are right on the money with this one. If we are to get to the top of the big and stay close to that. We need the home grown talent.

I think Kriss changed it to Wiscy because of a knee jerk reaction and then the other 247 guys simply told him that Pitino is still putting the full court press on Jarvis.

I put absolutely 0 stock in the crystal ball - see our crystal ball % with Dorsey prior to signing. Add in the fact they change them right before the commitment... To me you'd be better off with a counter of how many times he says the word Minnesota or Wisconsin in a 24hr time period.

I disagree. Certainly you could cite a number of instances where the Crystal Ball has been 100% incorrect, but there are also a number of instances where it is spot on. I'm generally more interested in the "recent trends" on recruits. For instance, the late movement on Whitehead last year was to Seton Hall, Reid to Stanford, Tum Tum to Michigan State, etc etc. Some of that is definitely bandwagon jumping, but some of it is legit sourcing, in my opinion. If nothing else, it is interesting to talk about.

I disagree. Certainly you could cite a number of instances where the Crystal Ball has been 100% incorrect, but there are also a number of instances where it is spot on. I'm generally more interested in the "recent trends" on recruits. For instance, the late movement on Whitehead last year was to Seton Hall, Reid to Stanford, Tum Tum to Michigan State, etc etc. Some of that is definitely bandwagon jumping, but some of it is legit sourcing, in my opinion. If nothing else, it is interesting to talk about.

+1

I always look at the most recent picks, especially if there is an announced deadline for the kid's decision.

I agree, I was using hyperbole. There is something to the movements, and it's definitely a conversation piece, but its extremely flawed as we've all said, teenagers change their mind.

Can someone remind me and the other peons if any of our targets have given timelines for their announcements?

Can someone remind me and the other peons if any of our targets have given timelines for their announcements?

I read an article on Rivals earlier today from late May in which I believe Allonzo Trier said he would likely wait until spring to make a decision.

I will check Gopherhole 100x a day until Clark commits.

Note: Dorsey committed when I was internet free for a whole 48 hour period....

I will check Gopherhole 100x a day until Clark commits.

Note: Dorsey committed when I was internet free for a whole 48 hour period....

Stay internet free for the next 48 hours!!!

Actually stay internet free forever...

I think Clarke is next for some reason..

I thought the same thing... 2 Virginia guys would be great especially since they were the two hardest working guys I watched at the EYBL!

I don't think it looks good with Illik. going out East. So I'm going w/ Clarke.

Top Bottom