What type of Music would you like to hear over the P.A. at games?

What type of Music would you like to hear more of at TCF?

• Modern Pop/Rock

Votes: 14 19.2%
  • Classic Rock

Votes: 12 16.4%
  • Rap/Hip-Hop

Votes: 17 23.3%
  • Country

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • The Band

Votes: 29 39.7%
  • Until the band marches down University Ave I can't think of anything else.

Votes: 10 13.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

As others have pointed out there used to be a big difference between the college game day experience and the commercialized professional crap. The college game-day has now become the same as the pros. A little piped in music is fine, but like many things it is overdone.

The in-game promos are annoying, tacky,distracting and downright embarrassing.(FB and BB both). Anyone know how much these in game promos bring in? It's only in house exposure. A winning team is important but you can't control the score of games. Game day experience is also what you are selling.........AND YOU CAN CONTROL THAT.

Any time you ask people what music they would to hear, the vast majority will respond with the music grew up with. Let the band play.

I think the worst ad experience the U had was when they were reading some stupid Subway ad while NMSU Aggies were running a play in the 2nd half. That was just embarrassing. Almost as bad as losing that game.

I'm all for throwing aside my personal preferences and just having them play whatever will get the students going. If we have the students there and into it, it helps the atmosphere overall.

Great, so we have to cater to the group that doesn't show up in the first place.

Just kidding. I don't care if the band still gets enough time to do their thing.

I think they've done a pretty good job on music choices. There has been a good mix of old people hits and young people hits. If I had one request, it would be more music and less ads.

Yep, I'd agree with you here. I've never once thought "man, this was a terrible choice of a song" during a game. And to me, that's a sign that they're doing things right.

Great, so we have to cater to the group that doesn't show up in the first place.

Just kidding. I don't care if the band still gets enough time to do their thing.

Don't get me wrong - I was just speaking about the piped-in music. I still want to hear plenty from the marching band.

nm continued...........................but I can spell 19

Why can't we combine the 'piped-in' with the marching band brass section?

Don't get me wrong - I was just speaking about the piped-in music. I still want to hear plenty from the marching band.

If I had my way, without caring about the younger fans, I'd allow zero piped in music. Since I don't have my way, I tend to not care what is being played. Not sure if that is good or not?

The band - but not at the ear-blasting level of music in recent years. That goes for the announcer, too - tone him down!

I agree. Think of the psychological warfare edge if this starts up while the opposing FG kicker is warming up. Perhaps pipe it into the visitor locker room.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/x1W6-ErrHls?list=RDdFLggqjddKM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I agree. Think of the psychological warfare edge if this were played while the opposing FG kicker was warming up. Perhaps pipe it into the visitor locker room.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/x1W6-ErrHls" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Well, it obviously beats the living sh*t out of a Pink lockerroom. Plus it makes my wife hair-jealous, so there's that.....

Spinal Tap! (but only if the amp goes up to 11......)

Seriously, I admit I am not in touch with the current music scene. I just don't get rap and hip-hop.

My suggestion - play Springsteen's "Wrecking Ball," and show footage of them tearing down the Metrodome.

Agreed. There's nothing better than seeing the student section on their feet "getting in to it" dancing around, and being excited.

Its all about marketing...we complain about students not attending...lets feed em and get them going and that excites recruits and everyone else in attendance.

Spinal Tap! (but only if the amp goes up to 11......)

Seriously, I admit I am not in touch with the current music scene. I just don't get rap and hip-hop.

My suggestion - play Springsteen's "Wrecking Ball," and show footage of them tearing down the Metrodome.
If they're going to play a song called Wrecking Ball it won't be the one by Springsteen.

Band for sure. If not the band anything other than the fox song

Give each game a theme or an era and select songs for that era. Market the various themes and people can come tailgate and celebrate in the stands with whatever theme is happening for that week. Make if fun for families and fans. I'm tired of the same worn-out songs being played at every sporting venue. Time to mix it up.

Take a look at the schedule and put together a theme and song list that you would want for each home game.

Date Opponent / Event Location
08/28/14 vs. Eastern Illinois
09/06/14 vs. Middle Tennessee State

09/20/14 vs. San Jose State

10/11/14 vs. Northwestern *
10/18/14 vs. Purdue *

11/08/14 vs. Iowa *
11/15/14 vs. Ohio State *

Give each game a theme or an era and select songs for that era. Market the various themes and people can come tailgate and celebrate in the stands with whatever theme is happening for that week. Make if fun for families and fans. I'm tired of the same worn-out songs being played at every sporting venue. Time to mix it up.

Take a look at the schedule and put together a theme and song list that you would want for each home game.

Date Opponent / Event Location
08/28/14 vs. Eastern Illinois
09/06/14 vs. Middle Tennessee State

09/20/14 vs. San Jose State

10/11/14 vs. Northwestern *
10/18/14 vs. Purdue *

11/08/14 vs. Iowa *
11/15/14 vs. Ohio State *

This is a great idea! It seems to work for Saints Games - what about College Football? I'll get it started:

Eastern Illinois - Disco Demolition Night 35 years later. Middle Tennessee - Pick-up Truck Night (i.e. Country Night, most country songs have a pick-up in them)

San Jose State - Beach Boys

Northwestern - Cougar Night (the anti-Wildcat)
Purdue - Kids Night (featuring Thomas the Train....Gophers taming the kinder/gentler Boilermaker)

---this is a start, any ideas for Iowa????

This is a great idea! It seems to work for Saints Games - what about College Football? I'll get it started:

Eastern Illinois - Disco Demolition Night 35 years later. Middle Tennessee - Pick-up Truck Night (i.e. Country Night, most country songs have a pick-up in them)

San Jose State - Beach Boys

Northwestern - Cougar Night (the anti-Wildcat)
Purdue - Kids Night (featuring Thomas the Train....Gophers taming the kinder/gentler Boilermaker)

---this is a start, any ideas for Iowa????

Isn't that reserved for Penn State?

Top Bottom