What type of Music would you like to hear over the P.A. at games?

What type of Music would you like to hear more of at TCF?

• Modern Pop/Rock

Votes: 14 19.2%
  • Classic Rock

Votes: 12 16.4%
  • Rap/Hip-Hop

Votes: 17 23.3%
  • Country

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • The Band

Votes: 29 39.7%
  • Until the band marches down University Ave I can't think of anything else.

Votes: 10 13.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Land of 1000 dances.....Wilson Pickett. If you can't get up and do your " thing " on that tune you're brain dead.

Chuck Berry...MY DING-A-LING! to go along with ruppert's suggestion.

This is a great idea! It seems to work for Saints Games - what about College Football? I'll get it started:

Eastern Illinois - Disco Demolition Night 35 years later. Middle Tennessee - Pick-up Truck Night (i.e. Country Night, most country songs have a pick-up in them)

San Jose State - Beach Boys

Northwestern - Cougar Night (the anti-Wildcat)
Purdue - Kids Night (featuring Thomas the Train....Gophers taming the kinder/gentler Boilermaker)

---this is a start, any ideas for Iowa????
Iowa? Probably Fat-Bottomed Girls, Brick House or Whole Lotta Rosie.

This is a great idea! It seems to work for Saints Games - what about College Football? I'll get it started:

Eastern Illinois - Disco Demolition Night 35 years later.
Middle Tennessee - Pick-up Truck Night (i.e. Country Night, most country songs have a pick-up in them)

San Jose State - Beach Boys

Northwestern - Cougar Night (the anti-Wildcat)
Purdue - Kids Night (featuring Thomas the Train....Gophers taming the kinder/gentler Boilermaker)

---this is a start, any ideas for Iowa????

Iowa...

I think they should play 100% Simon & Garfunkle music. What could be better to rile up a throng of Norwegians than six verses of "50 Ways to Leave Your Lover" or "Don't Take My Kodachrome Away". I can see it now.

How about when the Gophers are back home after an away game they take the field too:
" The boys are back in town "

What kind of piped-in music was played during the run of national championships in the 1930's?
Whatever it was, I think we should go back to it.

I like the title of this song: "Give me a Pain that I'm used to" plus it has a dang good beat to it:

Prior to the game I would like to hear the music they used to play at Sally's. And I would like to hear it at Sally's. :(

I like the title of this song: "Give me a Pain that I'm used to" plus it has a dang good beat to it:

At least the title is something that matches the Gopher football experience.

How about this...If Berkley Edwards takes it to the house. " Catch us if you can" Dave Clark 5

The minor league hockey team I used to be an usher for would play "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" or Shania Twain's "That Don't Impress Me Much" whenever the other team scored. Also, when the ref made a bad call, they would show on the video board the clip from Wizard of Oz where Dorothy asks "what would you do with a brain if you had one?"

The minor league hockey team I used to be an usher for would play "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" or Shania Twain's "That Don't Impress Me Much" whenever the other team scored. Also, when the ref made a bad call, they would show on the video board the clip from Wizard of Oz where Dorothy asks "what would you do with a brain if you had one?"

That's hilarious!

I think having the Video of the Gopher giving the kicker "The Look", is awesome. That needs to be imbedded in every kicker's mind.

I remember about 15 years ago or so, I was at a Gopher baseball game at Seibert and a guy got injured out by 2B. As the training staff was walking out there, they played the theme song to "MASH".....

You never want to make light of somebody injured, but it was kind of funny.....

Phantom Limb by Tourniquet - I've always thought this would make great stadium music.

Funky intro transitions into a cool thrash tune.

As long as they play this manly football jam I am okkkkkkkkkkkkkayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

I remember about 15 years ago or so, I was at a Gopher baseball game at Seibert and a guy got injured out by 2B. As the training staff was walking out there, they played the theme song to "MASH".....

You never want to make light of somebody injured, but it was kind of funny.....

LOL. Dick Jonckowski is the best PA announcer this side of the Mississippi (BTW, this statement is a fact whether you live in St. Paul or Minneapolis). Gopher Football should get him a spot in the booth. Dick would definitely liven things up a bit!

I'm a sucker for a classic that we all 'up Nort' can relate to... goes by a little name called Immigrant Song :)

LOL. Dick Jonckowski is the best PA announcer this side of the Mississippi (BTW, this statement is a fact whether you live in St. Paul or Minneapolis). Gopher Football should get him a spot in the booth. Dick would definitely liven things up a bit!

Mr. J. is pretty hilarious. I wish they could have cloned Julie Perlt, though. I was at the "Attention, there's a squirrel on the field." game. "He's at the 30...the 20...the 10...out of bounds at the 3 yard line!" After they caught him with a broom and a garbage can, Jules announced "There's a personal foul against the usher crew for entrapment."

People also forget that Bob Casey once announced a "15 yard penalty for illegitimate man down field..."

He was hilarious at Wounded Warrior softball game in Waconia last year

I would be all for Dick J saying lets get "Ready to Goldy before" the 4th quarter bre

That would be funny having Dick J let's get ready to Goldy.
I don't know I would like a montage, start with an old Nintendo eight bit game sound of "Mike Tysons punch out" staring
Glass Goldy dressed as Glass joe the boxer in the 8 bit Nintendo video game. Then the trumpet fanfare to "Gonna Fly now" with Goldy warming up as a boxer.
Then a snippet of Katy Perry's "Roar" then end with Goldy and the dance team leading the students and the band doing a slow motion dance to Imagine Dragons "Radioactive" on the big screen.
" the slow motion dance to the break " I'm waking up, I feel it in my bones
Enough to make my systems blow
Welcome to the new age, to the new age
Welcome to the new age, to the new age
Whoa, oh, oh, oh, oh, whoa, oh, oh, oh, I'm radioactive, radioactive
Whoa, oh, oh, oh, oh, whoa, oh, oh, oh, I'm radioactive, radioactive.

Now that would be fun to see at a game.

Top Bottom