Four Gophers Selected in NHL Draft

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per GopherSports:

Ryan Collins, Jack Glover, Steve Johnson and Jack Ramsey of the Gopher Hockey program were selected in the 2014 NHL Entry Draft on Saturday at the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia as the school now boasts a total of 193 all-time NHL draft picks.

Collins was the first member of the Gophers off the board on Saturday after the Columbus Blue Jackets picked the incoming defenseman with the 47th overall pick in the second round followed by Glover going to the Winnipeg Jets with the 69th overall pick in the third round. Johnson went to the Los Angeles Kings in the fourth round with the 120th overall selection while Ramsey was picked with the 208th overall pick in the seventh round by the Chicago Blackhawks.

The Gophers have now featured draft selections in 40 of the last 41 NHL Entry Drafts.

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m-hockey/spec-rel/062814aaa.html

Go Gophers!!

I'm not a GREAT college hockey/nhl draft mind. Can someon help me out with Leon Bristedt. Why was he not drafted? Not wanted, not elligible? Thanks for the help...

I'm not a GREAT college hockey/nhl draft mind. Can someon help me out with Leon Bristedt. Why was he not drafted? Not wanted, not elligible? Thanks for the help...

That's a very good question. He was eligible this year, so I'd imagine it's mostly because he's pretty tiny (5'8"). Everything I had read said that he'd likely be taken in this draft, though.

Top Bottom