Austin Hollins on Daquein McNeil: "He's got a bright future in front of him."

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Austin Hollins on Daquein McNeil: "He's got a bright future in front of him."

STrib Q&A with Austin - cover a lot of topics:

Daquein McNeil got some tastes of Big Ten action in his freshman year -- do you think he'll be ready for a bigger role this year?
Oh definitely. I have no doubt in my mind that Daquein will be ready next year. He's got a bright future in front of him. He works extremely hard and I think he was just taking it all in and taking advantage of those opportunities he got. I think next year, he'll definitely be ready to compete with the guys that are coming in and try to take that starting spot.

Do you feel like a practice facility is still a necessity for the program?

I've never really felt like the practice facility was a necessitty. Yeah, it was something that we wanted, but I don't think it's really a necessity. Bierman has a court that we have access to and the weight room is right next door. They made renovations in there with the weight room and everything, so you really have everything you need right there. Yeah, a practice facility would be an ideal situation, but what we have, Bierman and that facility works.

What about Williams Arena? Obviously there are those that love and cherish it and those that want to tear it down. How did you like playing there for four years?
I loved playing at Williams. I mean, yeah, the building is a little old, but I think it's really unique. There are a lot of people that have been around for a long time with season tickets that come and support us. When the Big Ten starts and the Barn fills up, it gets really loud in there. I just think it was a unique experience to be able to play there. The raised floor, that's just different, and I think it's a tough environment to play in as well.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/264931711.html#i3VtbpPEeQmYG1ri.97

Go Gophers!!

Couple takeaways

STrib Q&A with Austin - cover a lot of topics:

Daquein McNeil got some tastes of Big Ten action in his freshman year -- do you think he'll be ready for a bigger role this year?
Oh definitely. I have no doubt in my mind that Daquein will be ready next year. He's got a bright future in front of him. He works extremely hard and I think he was just taking it all in and taking advantage of those opportunities he got. I think next year, he'll definitely be ready to compete with the guys that are coming in and try to take that starting spot.

Do you feel like a practice facility is still a necessity for the program?

I've never really felt like the practice facility was a necessitty. Yeah, it was something that we wanted, but I don't think it's really a necessity. Bierman has a court that we have access to and the weight room is right next door. They made renovations in there with the weight room and everything, so you really have everything you need right there. Yeah, a practice facility would be an ideal situation, but what we have, Bierman and that facility works.

What about Williams Arena? Obviously there are those that love and cherish it and those that want to tear it down. How did you like playing there for four years?
I loved playing at Williams. I mean, yeah, the building is a little old, but I think it's really unique. There are a lot of people that have been around for a long time with season tickets that come and support us. When the Big Ten starts and the Barn fills up, it gets really loud in there. I just think it was a unique experience to be able to play there. The raised floor, that's just different, and I think it's a tough environment to play in as well.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/264931711.html#i3VtbpPEeQmYG1ri.97

Go Gophers!!

#1 An interesting, informative read
#2 I think Amelia discovered her writing sweet spot

And that sweet spot is... filling an article with the directly quoted responses to 3 questions. Not much of her writing there (or was that your point?!).

And that sweet spot is... filling an article with the directly quoted responses to 3 questions. Not much of her writing there (or was that your point?!).

Bingo...winner, winner And the actual piece has about 21 questions. There is actually some insight reported.

A guy's future is always brighter when it's in front of him.

My observation still stands, regardless of the number of questions. When 90% of an article is direct quotation there isn't much contribution from the "writer" other than coming up with the questions. That's why I was pretty sure that 60s Guy was being facetious.

Top Bottom