Official 2017 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

Enjoy, Western recruits, when PJ Fleck leaves you, then you will feel like we do. We loved PJ he showed us what motivation and culture change could do for a program.

Some how PJ forgot that the "Western money" he spent travel, phone calls, hosting recruits was his????

You'll see if PJ doesn't get his way, your AD and President will hear about it, your other sports will feel the difference. He is a whirlwind of energy and will make you better then leave you at the most inconvenient time (two weeks left in recruiting season). You see in the end PJ is just interested in PJ!

Now just keep enjoying our recruits since we have 3 great classes returning we will continue to win... with out a few of our 2 star and 3 star guys you picked up. (can't see UMinn. winning much with 2 and 3 star players in BIG10.

Why so mad, your team just nabbed Tim Lester as your next head coach.

Hawkeyes Offered Harry Van Dyne as well now. His older brother is walking on at Iowa, ending his pursuit of a hockey career.

No thanks. I'll blame the people who actually created the mess like Claeys and his players rather than the people who did a poor job of cleaning up said mess.

Claeys was accused of sexually assaulting that girl too? I wasn't aware.

Couple other recruits from Florida on the radar. Athlete Dorian Hall, looks like Marquise Gray to me. And WR Dontavious Butler, currently a Pitt verbal. Also WR Beau Corrales from Texas. Any of the 3 would be great pickups.

Enjoy, Western recruits, when PJ Fleck leaves you, then you will feel like we do. We loved PJ he showed us what motivation and culture change could do for a program.

Some how PJ forgot that the "Western money" he spent travel, phone calls, hosting recruits was his????

You'll see if PJ doesn't get his way, your AD and President will hear about it, your other sports will feel the difference. He is a whirlwind of energy and will make you better then leave you at the most inconvenient time (two weeks left in recruiting season). You see in the end PJ is just interested in PJ!

Now just keep enjoying our recruits since we have 3 great classes returning we will continue to win... with out a few of our 2 star and 3 star guys you picked up. (can't see UMinn. winning much with 2 and 3 star players in BIG10.

You've got some bitter beer face.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you factor in the guys graduating and Tyler Moore? You probably did. I tried to figure it out on my own but math is hard...

Wouldn't be surprised if they grey shirt some as well

Did you factor in the guys graduating and Tyler Moore? You probably did. I tried to figure it out on my own but math is hard...

Yes. That link does not have Tyler Moore listed and I did not count the Seniors.

I have no idea what will happen at the hearings, but I'd still bet at least 5 will be gone. That means they could sign 7 more for a total of 28 in this class, 85 overall. I'm not really sure if they can take more than 28 if more are gone. Someone here probably understands the rules better than I do when you get up into that range.

As for the scholarship grid- Emmit Carpenter is getting a scholarship I hope?

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

This thread needs to stay on 2017 recruiting. If you want to discuss how Claeys was treated during the scandal, please start a new thread or post in one of the 23 other threads on the topic. Any posts not about the 2017 recruiting class after this post will be deleted. Thank you.

Seriously, you just played in the Cotton Bowl.

I felt much the same way when Lou Holtz left. Time will tell.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Not me.

Never wanted him, glad to see him leave.

EVERY program he coached at, he left with NCAA sanctions. Total piece of crap.

Why do that? I'd expect the players recruited next year to be a step above this year. So I'd rather save the schollies for them.

While I agree that I would fully expect next years top commits to be better than this year- the uncertainty of the 2nd 5 availability makes me think they might be making deals to either sign some of this classes kids or assure them grey shirts if the 5 are absolved?

Not only Carpenter needs a scholarship...I can't imagine Cashman not getting one. We have 3 early enrollees so we will sign 25 and I would be surprised if any of the 10 play football at Minnesota. Winfield's dad says he's transferring no matter what. Perhaps Shenault...he was only put on probation. But Fleck has said he wants a culture change. Western Michigan folks said that players will leave which is part of how Fleck changes the culture. We might not have 85 scholarship players this year.

It's been so crazy the last week or so. Is there a list who is still actually committed to Minnesota right now?

Not only Carpenter needs a scholarship...I can't imagine Cashman not getting one. We have 3 early enrollees so we will sign 25 and I would be surprised if any of the 10 play football at Minnesota. Winfield's dad says he's transferring no matter what. Perhaps Shenault...he was only put on probation. But Fleck has said he wants a culture change. Western Michigan folks said that players will leave which is part of how Fleck changes the culture. We might not have 85 scholarship players this year.
Great post. I brought up Carpenter, but somehow forgot about Cashman.

As for the 10 players involved in the scandal, the way their names have been dragged through the mud (not here to debate how deserving or not that is), I don't see how they stay regardless of the appeal hearing. Aren't most just appealing to be in good standing (records-wise) with the school so they have an easier time transferring?

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom