Official 2017 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Per Greder:

The Gophers lost junior college safety Jaquarius Landrews to Mississippi State on Thursday, according to multiple reports. Recruiting services had forecast that Landrews, of McComb, Miss., would eventually sign with his hometown Bulldogs.

Landrews, a 6-foot-2, 210-pound defensive back, had given a verbal oath to Minnesota in September after originally pledging to Mississippi State. He is a three-star recruit, was attending Copiah-Lincoln Community College in Wesson, Miss.

http://www.twincities.com/2016/12/14/gophers-lose-safety-commitment-to-mississippi-state/

Go Gophers!!

Damn. He likely would have started.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Per Greder:

The Gophers lost junior college safety Jaquarius Landrews to Mississippi State on Thursday, according to multiple reports. Recruiting services had forecast that Landrews, of McComb, Miss., would eventually sign with his hometown Bulldogs.

Landrews, a 6-foot-2, 210-pound defensive back, had given a verbal oath to Minnesota in September after originally pledging to Mississippi State. He is a three-star recruit, was attending Copiah-Lincoln Community College in Wesson, Miss.

http://www.twincities.com/2016/12/14/gophers-lose-safety-commitment-to-mississippi-state/

Go Gophers!!

I'm thinking he got a look at our recent temperatures and said it is too cold for me in Minnesota, and said to heck with that. Like the article said Mississippi State is close to his home. Having your parents and friends and family at the games is an incentive. To bad like the Landrews kid, thought he was a good player.

Well 247 has us at 14 in the B1G. Not good enough if we want to finish closer to the top.

per the Daily:

No recruits have de-committed

So far, no player for the Gophers’ 2017 recruiting class has publicly announced they are no longer committed to the program.

Whether the boycott affects recruiting in the future remains to be seen. Blaise Andries, the Gophers’ top recruit for 2017, reaffirmed his commitment to the program after the boycott was announced, but hasn’t commented since it was lifted.

http://www.mndaily.com/article/2016/12/boycott-aftermath-lawsuits-hearings

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

per the STrib:

Offensive lineman Blaise Andries of Marshall, one of the top in-state recruits, tweeted in support of his future teammates Thursday, saying, “I am committed to be a part of a family, not just any other team.’’

Andries, rated at three stars by recruiting services, is one of 14 commitments for the Gophers’ 2017 class.

Nathan Bursch, a tight end at Woodbury, is similarly sticking with his verbal commitment to the Gophers. He echoed a text from his high school coach, Andy Hill, saying his plans are unchanged and added, “No matter what, I stick with my brothers.”

Andries’ father, Joe, said earlier Friday that “as long as Coach [Tracy] Claeys and [offensive line] Coach [Bart] Miller are intact and everything is a go from that perspective, then certainly we would have no reason to look in the rearview mirror.’’

Since he had been out of town until Friday morning, Joe Andries said, he had not talked with his son or any of the coaches since the players’ boycott began. A parent of another recruit had sent him a text, but he said he had “not had a chance to really digest it.’’

Andries called the national attention from the episode “unfortunate’’ for the university.

“I come from the business sector,’’ he said. “I would never want a company that I work for or lead have this kind of exposure.’’

http://www.startribune.com/recruiti...s-in-wake-of-investigation-boycott/407255456/

Go Gophers!!

per the Daily:

No recruits have de-committed

So far, no player for the Gophers’ 2017 recruiting class has publicly announced they are no longer committed to the program.

This is right in the middle of the dead period. It is unlikely that any kid who has been committed for a while would be able to decommit right now as it would be hard for them to be certain that their previous offers are still committable, and harder to pick up new offers and make visits.

This is right in the middle of the dead period. It is unlikely that any kid who has been committed for a while would be able to decommit right now as it would be hard for them to be certain that their previous offers are still committable, and harder to pick up new offers and make visits.

I'm pretty sure during a dead period they can call the coaches, it's the coaches that can't reach out to them. Although the twitter loophole or whatever was changed this fall might make it possible for coaches to contact recruits.

per Greder:

Oklahoma prep linebacker Kyrei Fisher flipped his oral commitment from Minnesota to Arkansas on Monday, a move that had been forecast well before the Gophers players’ boycott last week over the suspension of 10 teammates.

At 6-foot-2, 230 pounds, Fisher attends Union High School in Tulsa, and had interest from Michigan State, Colorado and Houston, among many others. The three-star recruit committed to Minnesota in May, then received offers from Arkansas on Nov. 5 and Michigan State on Nov. 29, according to 247sports.com.

http://www.twincities.com/2016/12/19/gophers-football-recruit-kyrei-fisher-flips-to-arkansas/

Go Gophers!!

It seems like just last week that Fisher said he wasn't flipping. Oh wait, it was.

Nope...He was gone as soon as he got the Ark offer. It was more about being closer to home.

Except last week he said he was sticking with Minnesota...it is almost verbal commitments aren't really commitments at all (read sarcasm)

The new Perra!

The new Perra!

Except Perra, totally has cement shoes(very slow) and could not run a lick. This Roste kid has good wheels and can throw better on the run then Perra ever could. That Roste kid could beat Perra in a foot race even if he gave Perra a 5 yard head start.

Kendrick Green committed to Illinois today.

Kendrick Green committed to Illinois today.

Hopefully nobody forgets that this recruiting class was bad before the scandal. Most importantly, hopefully Coyle doesn't forget.

Except last week he said he was sticking with Minnesota...it is almost verbal commitments aren't really commitments at all (read sarcasm)

Once Ark. offered, we had no chance. Ark. has the best facilities in football today. Jerry Jones has spent more money there than any other booster in America. Including T.Boone Perkins at Okla. State. It makes our new facility look pretty simple. I am sure that was a big selling point for BB leaving Becky.

Once Ark. offered, we had no chance. Ark. has the best facilities in football today. Jerry Jones has spent more money there than any other booster in America. Including T.Boone Perkins at Okla. State. It makes our new facility look pretty simple. I am sure that was a big selling point for BB leaving Becky.

Really? I checked out some pics of their football facility. Not overly impressive imo.

Top Bottom