Official 2017 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

2017 Recruiting Class chimes in:

per Greder:

Fleck’s first recruiting class at Minnesota in 2017 took off their redshirts a year later and went 39-20 over the next five seasons, a winning percentage of .661, including 4-0 in bowl games — albeit 0-fer in capturing Big Ten West Division titles.

The class had All-Americans (Ibrahim and John Michael Schmitz), the winningest quarterback in school history (Morgan), two alums already playing in the NFL (Boye Mafe and Esezi Otomewo), with more who will join them (see: Schmitz and Ibrahim). Standout iron men (Blaise Andries and Justus Harris) and a handful of other multi-year contributors rounded out the class.

Twenty of the 25 total recruits became lettermen, and one will keep the legacy alive. Chris Autman-Bell, who injured his knee in September, plans to return for a seventh season next fall.

“I couldn’t be more proud of these seniors,” Fleck said of a broader group that included 15 members of the 2018 class. “They’ve given a lot to this program on and off the field. They’ve represented Minnesota in a first-class fashion, and they should be really proud.

Go Gophers!!

Morgan and JMS were Fleck commits to Western Michigan I believe, and I assume a fair number of the other guys he signed were committed to Minnesota prior to his hiring and stuck to their commitments?

Morgan and JMS were Fleck commits to Western Michigan I believe, and I assume a fair number of the other guys he signed were committed to Minnesota prior to his hiring and stuck to their commitments?
My memory is a little fuzzy on it but pretty sure Blaise Andries was one of the few that was committed before Fleck was hired and remained a part of the final class. Recruiting wasn't exactly humming along before the hire given everything that was going on in the program.

My memory is a little fuzzy on it but pretty sure Blaise Andries was one of the few that was committed before Fleck was hired and remained a part of the final class. Recruiting wasn't exactly humming along before the hire given everything that was going on in the program.
If I remember correctly, almost the entire class turned over except for the commits from MN. Fleck probably didn't want to piss off the local HS coaches right away and pull local offers but some of those players left pretty quickly...London, Ryerse, Bursch

2017 Recruiting Class chimes in:

per Greder:

Fleck’s first recruiting class at Minnesota in 2017 took off their redshirts a year later and went 39-20 over the next five seasons, a winning percentage of .661, including 4-0 in bowl games — albeit 0-fer in capturing Big Ten West Division titles.

The class had All-Americans (Ibrahim and John Michael Schmitz), the winningest quarterback in school history (Morgan), two alums already playing in the NFL (Boye Mafe and Esezi Otomewo), with more who will join them (see: Schmitz and Ibrahim). Standout iron men (Blaise Andries and Justus Harris) and a handful of other multi-year contributors rounded out the class.

Twenty of the 25 total recruits became lettermen, and one will keep the legacy alive. Chris Autman-Bell, who injured his knee in September, plans to return for a seventh season next fall.

“I couldn’t be more proud of these seniors,” Fleck said of a broader group that included 15 members of the 2018 class. “They’ve given a lot to this program on and off the field. They’ve represented Minnesota in a first-class fashion, and they should be really proud.

Go Gophers!!
Amazing

Crab was as well. In fact....I believe WMU was his only FBS offer out of Chicago IIRC.

Top Bottom