Official 2017 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

bronco.jpg

What's the word on the offensive tackles Minny is looking at?

Id like to think we could start bringing in a few more quality players from WI, IL, IA, ND, and SD. I know they don't all spit out a ton of talent but man I feel like its been pretty brutal. Merrick was a nice addition but we didn't even take a DT last year. As Bemidji said this year is huge
Coaches may recruit areas, but Richardson is the only guy we have gotten out of Phelps area, and Northern Indiana and Illinois should be key areas for us. I have no doubt he can coach, but we need guys who can play Dline.
Yup, and I think the question about Phelps as a recruiter is valid.

It would've been nice to seal the deal with Amir Watts. The Gophers losing so many games last season did not help.

top 8

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I don't want anyone who has a "top #" where # is larger than the number of OVs you get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it is still early in the process. Let the kid explore his options and then make the correct choice and become a Golden Gopher.

Coaches may recruit areas, but Richardson is the only guy we have gotten out of Phelps area, and Northern Indiana and Illinois should be key areas for us. I have no doubt he can coach, but we need guys who can play Dline.
Yup, and I think the question about Phelps as a recruiter is valid.

Good call on Indiana too. Plenty of big boys in those states and we should be able to pull one serviceable DL from those states most years.

Has DB Quran Hafiz out of Jackson,Florida been mentioned? I see in his bio that he lists Virg.Tech,Duke, Iowa State, and the Gophers as his favorites as of Sunday.

So far this year, at least on 247 Sports there has been no official visits with the GOphers posted.

Last year in June, we had Tralund Weber and Vincent Calhoun followed by Amir Watts on July 31 2015.

When is the BBQ? Maybe we'd get some commitments then.

Are Claeys and staff being more deliberate seeing that there are less scholarships this recruiting year?

Isn't this kid from Wisconsin? <iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: none;"></iframe><iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: none;"></iframe>

Isn't this kid from Wisconsin? <iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: none;"></iframe><iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: none;"></iframe>

I think he lived in Wisconsin but now he is in Iowa.

I hope they can land this Harris kid. Sounds like he's been bounced around a bit due to some family issues and the current staff has had pretty good luck with giving those guys some stability along with the opportunity to play B1G football. I view DT as our thinnest unit right now and we certainly need what I call a "sweeper" that will stay home and clean up and let the other linemen stunt away.

I think DT is our biggest priority in next year's class. Still, I'd rather play with 10 on D than sign this Harris kid.

I think DT is our biggest priority in next year's class. Still, I'd rather play with 10 on D than sign this Harris kid.

Can we get a take on the reason why you don't want this Harris kid??

Can we get a take on the reason why you don't want this Harris kid??

I'm not interested in drama or kids that want the attention this kid clearly does with the top list, commitment, decommitment, top list, recommitment, decommitment, top list and who knows what comes next. My opinion only, but I would avoid this kid if I had a say.

EDIT: Oops, I missed a top list, recommitment, decommitment cycle.

I'm not interested in drama or kids that want the attention this kid clearly does with the top list, commitment, decommitment, top list, recommitment, decommitment, top list and who knows what comes next. My opinion only, but I would avoid this kid if I had a say.

He's obviously talented and has interest in playing here. If the Gophers ever want to become more than a bad to mediocre program, they don't really have the luxury of passing on someone like this. He could either be the best DT we've had in awhile, or he could find himself off the team due to 'drama' issues. Either way it's worth the risk. It's not like he committed a crime.

He's obviously talented and has interest in playing here. If the Gophers ever want to become more than a bad to mediocre program, they don't really have the luxury of passing on someone like this. He could either be the best DT we've had in awhile, or he could find himself off the team due to 'drama' issues. Either way it's worth the risk. It's not like he committed a crime.

I see your opinion, but don't share it. I had enough of the 'drama' in the Brewster years to last me a while. Just my opinion.

I see your opinion, but don't share it. I had enough of the 'drama' in the Brewster years to last me a while. Just my opinion.

I think you can take a chance once in awhile. Just can't do it a lot. I think that is what hurt Brewster.

After what he's been through in life and everything tossed at him, I'd say he's doing alright. He's kept a focus on playing ball, and that's not exactly an easy feat to accomplish given all he's been through. A lot of other kids wouldn't have made it as far as he has. If we're takin' votes, I'm all for him coming here -- it'd be great for the team plus I think a great fit for him as well.

After what he's been through in life and everything tossed at him, I'd say he's doing alright. He's kept a focus on playing ball, and that's not exactly an easy feat to accomplish given all he's been through. A lot of other kids wouldn't have made it as far as he has. If we're takin' votes, I'm all for him coming here -- it'd be great for the team plus I think a great fit for him as well.
Good post, he is trying to be honest with people and live his own life.

Go Gophers!!

Tyrone Carter's nephew:

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom