Official 2017 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

Gotta admit I went somewhere totally different with his last name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah he sounds like a good fit for the bball team.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

A couple of offers this week.

Just 2 visits scheduled over the next 2 home games though.
http://minnesota.247sports.com/Season/2017-Football/Visits

Wow, the offer list on Holston is impressive. Huge if he is seriously considering us.

Wouldn't that be nice, but holy competition.

BUT - if the Gophers don't go after kids who have good offers from other schools, they get stuck with the leftovers. And, we wind up with a roster full of 2* and low 3* players. In order to get better, you need better players. At some point, the Gophers have to be able to land a better quality of recruits - or they stay forever locked into the 7-8 win team rut. And some might call that "accepting mediocrity."

BUT - if the Gophers don't go after kids who have good offers from other schools, they get stuck with the leftovers. And, we wind up with a roster full of 2* and low 3* players. In order to get better, you need better players. At some point, the Gophers have to be able to land a better quality of recruits - or they stay forever locked into the 7-8 win team rut. And some might call that "accepting mediocrity."

Whatever strategy the coaches come up with, go for it I say.

I assume they think they have a shot at this guy and know more than I do.

Wow. What are our chances?

Hope he has a great time here.

Hope everything is perfect for his visit. Great weather, perfect out, great food and accommodations.

Sorry big fat fingers got carried away. Perfect out should read perfect host. Also add great performance by the Gophers. Make him want to come to the U and be part of a great enterprise.

He's listed as an athlete. Any idea what position he is expected to play?

I just watched about 5 minutes of his hudl video. He scores like 30 straight touch downs in it, with every single one being a QB run. So since there wasn't one pass in 5 minutes of highlights, I'd guess it's not QB. Probably running back or wide receiver. He's a big dude and fast.

I just watched about 5 minutes of his hudl video. He scores like 30 straight touch downs in it, with every single one being a QB run. So since there wasn't one pass in 5 minutes of highlights, I'd guess it's not QB. Probably running back or wide receiver. He's a big dude and fast.

last big and fast qb who didn't throw well was marquies gray, i'd take another q in a heartbeat!! dude had "it" and is now having a solid nfl career.

would be a heck of a get. thinking some of his offers are no longer solid? Or does he have connections here? Just a shocker to see him visiting here based on his offer list

Top Bottom