Official 2017 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

Besides Boye Mafe can we expect any more offers to go out to any other Minnesota kids...I know some other names have been mentioned off and on throughout the recruiting process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3*** defensive tackle Elis Hubbard 6'2"...250# from Georgia will visit on 10/7.He holds multiple offers from Power 5 schools including Indiana, Pitt, Wake Forest, etc...Good to see visits ramping up.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Was there to see it. It had plenty of leg and considering it was raining at the time it was even more impressive. They announced it was the 2nd longest in MSHSL history.

Boye Mafe had a HUGE game against Edina tonight.

<iframe src='//www.hudl.com/embed/video/3/4228608/57e620fd90f99324981bba92' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>.

Watch it twice. The 2nd time, watch #75, right tackle for Edina, Quinn Carroll. He needs to be a priority for The "U". Sophomore and still growing. Played as a freshman last year, but has really started filling out his frame.

I spent a good amount of time watching the matchup between him and Jermaine Johnson of EP a couple of weeks ago. Johnson beat him more than a couple of times when he was pass blocking (he's freaking quick out of his stance) but Carroll mauled him on running plays.

Watch it twice. The 2nd time, watch #75, right tackle for Edina, Quinn Carroll. He needs to be a priority for The "U". Sophomore and still growing. Played as a freshman last year, but has really started filling out his frame.

I spent a good amount of time watching the matchup between him and Jermaine Johnson of EP a couple of weeks ago. Johnson beat him more than a couple of times when he was pass blocking (he's freaking quick out of his stance) but Carroll mauled him on running plays.

Quinn is the son of former gopher TE Jay Carroll who caught the game winning TD pass against OSU a while ago and played for the Vikings. Also has an older brother who was the long snapper at Virginia Tech, another one who played at UNI, a third who played baseball at Augustana and a fourth who goes to the U right now. Quinn is definitely going to be the best of the bunch and is up to 6-6, 275 as a sophomore. I think he'll be a high 3 star maybe low 4 like a Blaise Andries caliber recruit.

Yes,beat em till they're down then kick one more time when they down..

Another Georgia recruit. Our coaches are really recruiting Georgia.

This is a great sign and glad to see we continue to go back to the well once again. Georgia is a top 5 state for talent and we need a prescience there just as much as Florida or Texas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dang, Claeys is an assassin.

He worked with Limegrover for 16 years (or whatever) and fired him! Recruiting this guy is cold blooded no doubt, but after firing Limegrover this is grade school stuff. I gotta believe Tracy wants to beat Penn St pretty bad to help him validate his decision and squash the inevitable questions if the Penn St line opens holes and protects the QB and is a big factor in them winning. Gophers gotta get it done this weekend. Don't think it ain't personal! They'll likely say all the right thing things but....

Not a good night for East Ridge Gopher commits.

Dominik London got hurt in the first quarter and Grant Ryerse missed three field goals. Still beat Cretin though.

He worked with Limegrover for 16 years (or whatever) and fired him! Recruiting this guy is cold blooded no doubt, but after firing Limegrover this is grade school stuff. I gotta believe Tracy wants to beat Penn St pretty bad to help him validate his decision and squash the inevitable questions if the Penn St line opens holes and protects the QB and is a big factor in them winning. Gophers gotta get it done this weekend. Don't think it ain't personal! They'll likely say all the right thing things but....

Good point. Most views are from Limegrover's perspective.

Top Bottom