Official 2017 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

and how tight a spiral he throws

<iframe seamless="seamless" style="width: 100%; border: none; display: block; max-width: 420px; height: 360px;" src="https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/embed/e5b00c43-72eb-49f4-819e-e0aa585be2dc?autoplay=false"> </iframe>

If we can't bust a guy's chops & give him some good natured ribbing, for a tweet with atrocious grammar, then what are we doing here?... Lol

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Cumon guys... can't we get passed this?[emoji57]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if McLaurin can play WR or Safety? 6'3, 200 lbs, fast, athletic and unlikely to see the field as a QB, IMO. They have 3 years to develop him at another position.

This is a ridiculous comment, IMO. Who is our quarterback in 2017? Let the guy compete.

Royal Silver 6'4" DT from Iowa Western JC with quality offers predicted to be a Gopher on 247

Yeah, we offered him the same day we landed a "key" silent commit. He has to be the one. We are, by far, his best offer. We only have one scholarship DT on the roster that will be here after next year. He will really help bridge the gap between the seniors and this class of DTs.

On the downside, I doubt he throws a tight spiral.

This is a ridiculous comment, IMO. Who is our quarterback in 2017? Let the guy compete.

I agree let him compete, but if he is looking at 4th string find a place where he can use his athleticism and get some playing time.

I agree let him compete, but if he is looking at 4th string find a place where he can use his athleticism and get some playing time.

100% agree. If they're giving a 5'10" 165lb recruit a chance at QB, why not him? Athletes need to get on the field, so yes if he doesn't pan out there, do a position switch.

100% agree. If they're giving a 5'10" 165lb recruit a chance at QB, why not him? Athletes need to get on the field, so yes if he doesn't pan out there, do a position switch.

That was pretty much my point. Have you watched his highlights? He doesn't appear to be much of a downfield passing threat. Rey Estes has a much bigger arm, and is just as fast and athletic. Tanner Morgan seems to be the best pure passer. It certainly is up in the air. Sure, let him compete. If it becomes clear that he won't see the field, find him another job.

That was pretty much my point. Have you watched his highlights? He doesn't appear to be much of a downfield passing threat. Rey Estes has a much bigger arm, and is just as fast and athletic. Tanner Morgan seems to be the best pure passer. It certainly is up in the air. Sure, let him compete. If it becomes clear that he won't see the field, find him another job.

I'm not sure Estes has a much bigger arm. He seems to throw the ball with a lot of zip. This isn't a rip on you at all, but I think you might not be considering the difference in the level of competition between the Estes highlights and the McLaurin highlights. Mississippi JuCo is top notch. You simply see a lot more deep passes in highlights from HS QBs.

I have no idea who is better. I'd be shocked if Estes doesn't get RS.

It will be an interesting Spring for the QBs.

I'm not sure Estes has a much bigger arm. He seems to throw the ball with a lot of zip. This isn't a rip on you at all, but I think you might not be considering the difference in the level of competition between the Estes highlights and the McLaurin highlights. Mississippi JuCo is top notch. You simply see a lot more deep passes in highlights from HS QBs.

I have no idea who is better. I'd be shocked if Estes doesn't get RS.

We'll see. I agree with you on the likely Estes RS. Honestly, I'm hoping Tanner Morgan emerges, but that might be asking too much from a true Freshman.

Gophers pick up a PWO OL commitment from Lakeville South's Eric Rousemiller

I don't like the looks of this. On the bright side though, my Crystal Ball still has him going to Minnesota.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Supposedly, PJ is at Manny's with the recruits and their families right now.

We'll see. I agree with you on the likely Estes RS. Honestly, I'm hoping Tanner Morgan emerges, but that might be asking too much from a true Freshman.

This isn't a rip on Morgan, but if we end up starting him next season, I'll be disappointed. We have too good of a team to be rolling with a true freshman. I don't think it's good for the team and it usually isn't good for the player. I agree that Morgan is really impressive, but I hope he can RS next season.

I don't know where I'd lean, but I'd guess it will be Green (if he's back) and Croft (if Green isn't back).

JB saved by the moderators I see. Technically, that discussion was about recruiting.

Keep it to 2017 recruiting targets Spoofin

No problem. Just need to know if you are going to arbitrarily tag them to TC too, or not. Tough to follow your moving target JB.

It's pretty obvious he's going to Notre Dame.
You're probably right, Minnesota doesn't seem to beat out ND for many recruits, I guess we'll find out on Wednesday. I wouldn't rule out Minnesota yet though. He seemed to enjoy his Minnesota visit. He seems sold on Fleck. Mohamed Ibrahim hinted at another commit and Armstrong did visit with Ibrahim. And finally, Brian Kelly just may be on thin ice at ND, that's not something to be overlooked. It should be an interesting couple of days.

Top Bottom