Official 2017 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

Ryan Burns said Minnesota decided they didn't want Croslen.

Do you guys think Fleck would have kept McLaurin if he wasn't already enrolled?

Ryan Burns said Minnesota decided they didn't want Croslen.

That was pretty apparent with them adding seemingly any DT they could to visit this weekend and Croslen just happening to "decommit" a week before NSD despite no real new recruiting attention

That was pretty apparent with them adding seemingly any DT they could to visit this weekend and Croslen just happening to "decommit" a week before NSD despite no real new recruiting attention

I don't really get why they didn't want him, if that is the case. Seems to be more highly rated than many of the other DT targets.

I don't really get why they didn't want him, if that is the case. Seems to be more highly rated than many of the other DT targets.

Don't get it either as I agree, I like him more than either of our DT commits but that's their decision. Just saying it was pretty obvious it wasn't Croslen's call to decommit

Passed? OMG

Classy guy. Not everyone is lucky enough to grow up as fortunate as most of us here on Gopherhole, attend the schools most of us did, have the parental support most of us did, etc. How dare his grammar be imperfect. Hope you feel good about that comment.

I wonder if McLaurin can play WR or Safety? 6'3, 200 lbs, fast, athletic and unlikely to see the field as a QB, IMO. They have 3 years to develop him at another position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Classy guy. Not everyone is lucky enough to grow up as fortunate as most of us here on Gopherhole, attend the schools most of us did, have the parental support most of us did, etc. How dare his grammar be imperfect. Hope you feel good about that comment.

Do you know if any of these things apply to McLaurin? Seems like a great kid. I don't care about his grammar- especially in a tweet. Not sure he needs you to make excuses for him either.

I wonder if McLaurin can play WR or Safety? 6'3, 200 lbs, fast, athletic and unlikely to see the field as a QB, IMO. They have 3 years to develop him at another position.

Do we know if he was able to be redshirted his frosh year in CC- he did play but got hurt 1st game.

Way to patronize the kid.

Do we know if he was able to be redshirted his frosh year in CC- he did play but got hurt 1st game.

I don't know the details around that, but he's listed as a Freshman on 247.

http://247sports.com/player/neil-mclaurin-46037453

And I read somewhere earlier that he has 3 years of eligibility left.

EDIT: Ryan Burns says he has 3 years to play 3. https://twitter.com/ryanburnsmn/status/808055831447142404

In the classic words of James Brown.... I feel good! Get yourself some exlax relief somehow....You're a little bound up.

Do you know if any of these things apply to McLaurin? Seems like a great kid. I don't care about his grammar- especially in a tweet. Not sure he needs you to make excuses for him either.

Gopherhole Mantra: 1) If any small part, no matter how small, of anyone's post is in any way possibly incorrect....we shall debate it incessantly.

2) If anybody commits to us, we shall focus any and all efforts on shifting any of their positives to point #1.

If we can't bust a guy's chops & give him some good natured ribbing, for a tweet with atrocious grammar, then what are we doing here?... Lol

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Gopherhole Mantra: 1) If any small part, no matter how small, of anyone's post is in any way possibly incorrect....we shall debate it incessantly.

2) If anybody commits to us, we shall focus any and all efforts on shifting any of their positives to point #1.

I thought we only cared about stars and other offers?

I see you quoted my post, but didn't respond to or answer any of my questions.

Another GH Mantra: there is always a poster that will try to present themselves as better/classier/more enlightened/ etc than others if people are poking at someone else. They are way above that.

I miss the days of innocence

I thought we only cared about stars and other offers?

All you guys used to argue about at this time of year were 40 times. Hand held or electronic. Authentic or bogus. As much as "times" change they stay the same. Ha
The quotes are for Spoof ?

All you guys used to argue about at this time of year were 40 times. Hand held or electronic. Authentic or bogus. As much as "times" change they stay the same. Ha
The quotes are for Spoof ��

I guess maybe we should find out if each recruit can throw a "spiral" or not.

Well,

I guess maybe we should find out if each recruit can throw a "spiral" or not.

He never did get any practice reps and quickly exited the program if you think my analysis was somehow faulty? If I could determine from a still photograph he couldn't pass, I guess maybe they could have done a better job of evaluating quarterback prospects, if you feel the need to go there.

Not a bad idea. He's here, may as well try him out. Barring an injury/emergency/special formation, I doubt he sees game snaps at QB. He'd be an athlete playing receiver, which can be problematic but simple routes, get the ball to a natural athlete... you can get some production out of him. He had legit speed too so maybe an option in the always beloved jet sweep

I wouldn't count out Mclaurin at QB

We don't have an incumbent starter, and a walkon that played one game has the most experience. I would not count out McLaurin at QB if he is the best at the position, a QB that can break the pocket and make something out of nothing is worth a lot these days.

Top Bottom