Official 2017 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

TDG has Creamer flipped to Iowa.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Will Boye Mafe end up with Wake Forest? I am surprised he opt out on the Jan 20 visit. Or is it a case of making sure scholies are available contingent on the appeals?

He looks like an athletic freak at WDE. I'd hate to lose an instate kid like this.

Will Boye Mafe end up with Wake Forest? I am surprised he opt out on the Jan 20 visit. Or is it a case of making sure scholies are available contingent on the appeals?

He looks like an athletic freak at WDE. I'd hate to lose an instate kid like this.

He is now scheduled to visit here this weekend.

Armstrong might be headed to Notre Dame for a visit this weekend:

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Boye Mafe is now projected to commit to the Gophers and the RB from Virginia Tech isn't visiting this weekend.

Armstrong might be headed to Notre Dame for a visit this weekend:

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That was said earlier. He's going to visit Notre Dame and then decide after that.

Fleck's really turned this into his recruiting class. If I'm keeping it all straight, of the non-Minnesota recruits that Claeys was going after only Joshua Croslen is still on Fleck's list -- he's a must as we really do need DTs.

Fleck's really turned this into his recruiting class. If I'm keeping it all straight, of the non-Minnesota recruits that Claeys was going after only Joshua Croslen is still on Fleck's list -- he's a must as we really do need DTs.

Layne, Creamer, and McLaurin also, but Layne and Creamer could be gone by signing day.

That Tyrone Chambers is one big fella, with a bit of a buddha. He is going to be hard to move off the block if he can move a little bit which looks like he can. Been since Rashede Hageman since we had that big a dude at defensive tackle. Welcome to the Gophers MR Chambers, missed his thread when he committed. SKI-U-Mah!

That Tyrone Chambers is one big fella, with a bit of a buddha. He is going to be hard to move off the block if he can move a little bit which looks like he can. Been since Rashede Hageman since we had that big a dude at defensive tackle. Welcome to the Gophers MR Chambers, missed his thread when he committed. SKI-U-Mah!

Merrick Jackson weighs 320.

And Chambers is listed at 325 on Rivals, 330 on hudl and 345 on ESPN and is three inches taller than Jackson.

Great. He said "been since Rashede Hageman since we had that big a dude at defensive tackle", which is demonstrably false. Jackson is bigger than Hageman was when he played here.

I was thinking in terms of height and stature

Great. He said "been since Rashede Hageman since we had that big a dude at defensive tackle", which is demonstrably false. Jackson is bigger than Hageman was when he played here.

Guess I should have been more clear, in thinking he looked like Hageman because height, although Shede was taller and less weight at the same age. Jackson is JUCO I forgot about him because he didn't play a lot until later in the year. He reminds me more of Shede than the other defensive tackles we have had.

Guess I should have been more clear, in thinking he looked like Hageman because height, although Shede was taller and less weight at the same age. Jackson is JUCO I forgot about him because he didn't play a lot until later in the year. He reminds me more of Shede than the other defensive tackles we have had.

If you remember, Rashede REALLY grew into a DT. He was recruited as a TE, moved to DE, then bulked up to DT. What made Hageman so good (and a 2nd round pick) is that he had a huge frame and he could athletically hold 300 lbs. At 300 lbs, Hageman was still athletic enough to play DE. A lot of teams were looking at him as a 3-4 DE.

I don't think Chambers will be that type of man. He looks massive (larger framed than Hageman) and I don't think Chambers ever could have played TE or DE.

So who's left as a realistic option?

Michael Warren, Jafar Armstrong, and Boye Mafe seem to be in play. Any others to look for?

Hopefully the lineman also being recruited by tOSU

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom