Official 2017 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

If the T-shirt is an indication he Green is a wrestler too. Always like those D-linemen and O-linemen that are former wrestlers. They have an edge to them that they can beat the opponent one on one. Coach Phelps always recruits the Illinois area well. I was impressed with the improvement of the defensive line this year. A lot less explosive plays given up in the running game, and to me the defensive line getting pressure in the backfield and playing their individual gaps improved this year. I thought coach Phelps and his crew had a good year this season. Would be a nice get for the Gophers, think he could learn a lot playing alongside Richardson and Stetlar too.

Green wrestles HWT for Peoria. Class 2A state entrant (Illinois, like MN has 3 classes for wrestling) as a Junior.
32-11 record last year.

We all want to get there, but I think we're closer (talent wise) than people think. If our QB was as good as McSorly (who wasn't super highly recruited), I think we have a pretty dangerous team this year.

I'm all for whatever it takes to get as good of recruits as possible, but I think programs like ours usually take the next step by building a good foundation and then having a magical year (some recruit comes in and is just incredibly special.

Some how I feel we were a legitimate ball catcher (or two) away from making a run against Wiscy for the B1G West title this season. An Eric Decker or a Maxx Williams in the lineup certainly will be a sight to see. It also didn't help losing Lingen to injuries.

One of the three - Green, Williams, Croft may surprise beyond the expectations. At least, that is what I am hoping for. One of these guys have to step up unless the coaches think they can get a lights out QB to transfer in.

We don't stand a chance getting grad transfer Malik Zaire, stiff competition for him. JC transfer Tamu - we don't know if he truly can beat out our current QBs on the roster.

#Gophers have offered 2017 New Mexico JUCO QB Jordan Ta'amu (@kingJordanT10). Ole Miss also offered tonight. scout.com/player/211495-…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That doesn't give me a ton of confidence in our coaches evaluation then. We watch him throw in person and for day's don't know if he is good enough or not for us but the second Ole Miss offers, we determine he is all of a sudden good enough for us.

That doesn't give me a ton of confidence in our coaches evaluation then. We watch him throw in person and for day's don't know if he is good enough or not for us but the second Ole Miss offers, we determine he is all of a sudden good enough for us.

They also saw Jimmie Terry several days ago and just now decided to offer. I don't see the big deal.

This staff will reach a consensus before offering, they watch a prospect, discuss the prospect, then offer. It's not really hard to understand that it takes a few days for the process to work. Ole Miss watched him on the same day and offered on the same day, that we did, I'm betting that their process is similar.

Yes I'm sure that's what happened

Yes I'm sure that's what happened

So do you think it's just a coincidence that after several days of deciding whether or not to offer, we just happened to finally do so within a two hour period of Ole Miss finally offering?

So do you think it's just a coincidence that after several days of deciding whether or not to offer, we just happened to finally do so within a two hour period of Ole Miss finally offering?

What is your problem? Do you hate this staff that much that you can't seem to fathom that they do their jobs and have some capabilities? Two teams watched a kid throw and run on the same day and then a few days later offered him on the same day. How is this anything? We also offered another JUCO Guard at the same time...did Ole Miss offer him too? No, they did not. Coincidence or just the process of evaluation and decision.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

My wife has family that live in Cedar Grove. Small town, I'm assuming they play in the smallest class in WI. Very impressive number regardless of who he was playing against.

3rd Smallest division. Division 5 of 7 in WI prep football (Div 1 is largest; 7 is smallest).

So the Wisconsin border is not locked down....

Top Bottom