Official 2017 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

http://www.espn.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/126491/how-texas-ams-assembling-a-top-10-recruiting-class

This is how Kevin Sumlin got his Top 10 class. Just some interesting comments about recruiting. If Maryland can have a class currently at #18...why can't PJ get a class in the teens in 2018? It doesn't appear it won't be for lack of trying nor for lack of work. Yes, we are at a major disadvantage in that we have very limited Minnesota kids to even go after in 2018. And the best on paper, Sapp, is just visiting essentially...leaving only two or three who are even being discussed as possible offer candidates.

MD's average class over the last 5-10 years is more like mid to upper 30s. Shows how important it is in recruiting the right type/potential, and then the ability to coach up to potential. I'd take consistent recruiting classes in that same area all day long.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Nice. Is that the new OC on the right in the pic on the right? Didn't realize he's as short as Fleck.

He's not on a team yet, were you not aware of that?

Regardless, his actions have been pretty sleazy. Attesting to his commitment to one school via social media while ov'ing at their rival is both dishonest and stupid. He's a young adult - it was a bad decision so it calls into account his decision making.

And don't play the "we're piling on on a young man making a life changing decision" card. Raheem Layne followed much the same timeline, decommitted, and I haven't seen anything antagonistic written about him. It's obviously a big decision and there's a right way and a wrong way to go about it and Layne is making better decisions. This is all very timely in light of recent issues surrounding the lack of proper decision making by some of the athletes on the team.

Regardless, his actions have been pretty sleazy. Attesting to his commitment to one school via social media while ov'ing at their rival is both dishonest and stupid. He's a young adult - it was a bad decision so it calls into account his decision making.

And don't play the "we're piling on on a young man making a life changing decision" card. Raheem Layne followed much the same timeline, decommitted, and I haven't seen anything antagonistic written about him. It's obviously a big decision and there's a right way and a wrong way to go about it and Layne is making better decisions. This is all very timely in light of recent issues surrounding the lack of proper decision making by some of the athletes on the team.
Somewhat valid points but the 'card' you claim I'm playing is also very much valid. These are teenagers with various levels of guidance making decisions with a ton of pressure on them from coaching staffs and fans. Just because you liked how one kid handled a situation better doesn't mean the other has poor character. You have no idea if one kid is being given good advice, has a better handle on the game of recruiting, had someone close go through it before, etc. This is a pressure filled, important decision playing out partially in the public eye. Sure there are 'better' ways to handle recruiting but again, its rare that a kid tweeting about recruiting is some indication of poor character and its hypocritical to knock them for enjoying attention

Interesting, Mafe?

He's basically deciding between Rutgers and here at this point but I wouldn't consider him a key target. I'm thinking that's either Warren, Armstrong, or Munford. And since Munford has really been quiet about anywhere but tOSU I'm betting its one of the other two.

A gopher 247 insider just crystal balled him to us today so looks like it.

That seems too obvious to me.

You would think 247 wouldn't allow any staffers to crystal ball the news once its learned. 247 benefits more from leaving the mystery hanging.

That seems too obvious to me.

You would think 247 wouldn't allow any staffers to crystal ball the news once its learned. 247 benefits more from leaving the mystery hanging.

You'd think so, but they did the same thing with Jake Paulson a few weeks ago - said there was a commit coming, and his CB had be changed earlier that day to Minnesota. It's not a guarantee that's what is happening here but have seen it happen before.

You'd think so, but they did the same thing with Jake Paulson a few weeks ago - said there was a commit coming, and his CB had be changed earlier that day to Minnesota. It's not a guarantee that's what is happening here but have seen it happen before.

Also, takes the wind out of the sail when the kid actually makes the announcement. I think it was Charley Walters that let it slip that Oturu was committing to the Gophers before Oturu was able to announce and there was some backlash.

If these guys know a commitment has already occurred they need to stay quiet until it happens. Don't go make a crystal ball pick to up your stats.

He's basically deciding between Rutgers and here at this point but I wouldn't consider him a key target. I'm thinking that's either Warren, Armstrong, or Munford. And since Munford has really been quiet about anywhere but tOSU I'm betting its one of the other two.

I am hoping it is Munford. He'll be the piece de resistance of this year's recruiting class. This will signal other OLs to take a serious look at MN with Ed Warinner.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

This is far from me being worked up. Just calling a spade a spade. Be dismissive if you want but you're badmouthing teenagers based on a few tweets while claiming to know nothing about them at the same time. Its lame

Never claimed I know nothing about him. I said I don't follow him (on any social media). I also said (3 times now) I see plenty about him on GH (this thread, for example). Based on that, I don't want him to be a Gopher. If that is "badmouthing teenagers" then I guess I'm a Teenager BadMouther. Just don't tell my parents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom