Official 2017 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

What odds are you giving that we'll wind up with an OV this weekend? The fact that Fleck was in Massillon today speaks volumes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That high school has a ton of prospects.

What odds are you giving that we'll wind up with an OV this weekend? The fact that Fleck was in Massillon today speaks volumes.

PJF visiting him at his HS speaks volumes about our interest in him. No more.

We will just have to overcome the fact that we have two juniors that he is really likely to jump in the depth chart and two other RBs in this class. But his highlights are super impressive, I hope we get him.

I hope that this is a joke. "Likely to jump"!!?? Who's he likely to jump?

PJF visiting him at his HS speaks volumes about our interest in him. No more.

I'm guessing you were channeling captain obvious here. This statement could be made about any recruiting visit - I'd need 2:1 odds to take the bet that Munford visits but the fact that the staff is using their valuable time during the final full recruiting week of the year to hit up Massillon, Ohio speaks volumes.

Isn't lying considered one of the great sins of football recruiting?

I still think Creamer sticks. It looks like he visited Colorado St on the 13th, I didn't see that mentioned anywhere. Speculation is that he will visit Illinois for some reason. I still think we have the most to offer him.

I don't think the coaches want Craemer at this point.

They'd be crazy to not take him if he decides he'd like to come here. Lots of kids will vacillate on these decisions - especially with the complex situation that this kids been thrust into. Coaches can't hold grudges at this level.

http://www.espn.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/126491/how-texas-ams-assembling-a-top-10-recruiting-class

This is how Kevin Sumlin got his Top 10 class. Just some interesting comments about recruiting. If Maryland can have a class currently at #18...why can't PJ get a class in the teens in 2018? It doesn't appear it won't be for lack of trying nor for lack of work. Yes, we are at a major disadvantage in that we have very limited Minnesota kids to even go after in 2018. And the best on paper, Sapp, is just visiting essentially...leaving only two or three who are even being discussed as possible offer candidates.

Ha. I meant the exact opposite, i just forgot to add the "not". He is not likely to jump Rodney and Shannon.

Ah. Ok....that makes more sense. i was thinking....."HOW"!!!!

Btw........you have the best handle in GH. Arrested Development ftw.

One thing I am seeing with Fleck - he is dead serious and aggressive about recruiting. Not only can he sell with his infectious pied piper charisma, he now has substance in recruits' living rooms when he can offer B1G filet mignon steak sandwiches instead of MACdonalds.

Fleck has said he is casting a wider net that arcs a 600 miles radius which reaches as far Missouri, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Kentucky, a big part of the talent rich Ohio Valley.

His 2018 offers is showing that aggressiveness in recruiting interests already. He is simultaneously working the remainder of 2017 and all of 2018 classes like his visit to Massillon Ohio.

He is selling a championship brand and a ticket to the NFL promise land.

Then of course York-New Jersey-Pennsylvannia, then Florida and Texas.

It is time to poach Wisconsin and Iowa.

It is the time for him to build relationships on top of the ones he and his coaches already have. There is a reason why he picked Linguist as one of his coaches. He can really recruit in Missouri Valley, Texas, Oklahoma, Big 12/SEC/MW/Pac 12 country. Ed Warinner was picked for the same reason for his recruiting interests in the Ohio Valley, Jersey/NY/Pennsylvannia/Kentucky/Indiana/Tennessee area.

He is very young and can relate to the younger generation.

I hope we can keep him long term because the Notre Dames and Stanfords of this world will someday come calling. But, if he can win a National Title in four years here maybe he would have found his dreamland and would not want to uproot his family from the Midwest. We may end up doubling his salary to keep him here. BOR, you ain't seen nothing yet. Big time college football arms race is literally going for broke.

I don't think the coaches want Craemer at this point.

I'm almost there. By the end of the Snelson ordeal I was begging for us not to get him. I'm not far behind here. I understand it is tough for some young kids to make this decision, but when they handle it in a way that shows it is really all for the attention that should give everyone pause.

I'm almost there. By the end of the Snelson ordeal I was begging for us not to get him. I'm not far behind here. I understand it is tough for some young kids to make this decision, but when they handle it in a way that shows it is really all for the attention that should give everyone pause.

Yep. He even changed his Twitter bio to "University of _______?"

If I were the coaches, I would proceed as if he were gone.

Isn't lying considered one of the great sins of football recruiting?

Did you see his "apology"? He says something about sorry because he doesn't "want to be seen that way". Not really sorry, but just doesn't want to look bad.

I've been looking everywhere, but I can't seem to find any updates on my all-time favorite recruit: Fredrick Seldom.

So he'd would have been 3rd best WR for us with those stats?

No, I didn't look up our WR stats for this year.

Fleck has said he is casting a wider net that arcs a 600 miles radius which reaches as far Missouri, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Kentucky, a big part of the talent rich Ohio Valley.

I thought he said six hours. How fast do you drive? :)

He was trained in his M.O. by Coyle....

Creamer is one we need to keep. Yes he was recruited by Claeys and Sawvel, but one thing is certain, they knew how to evaluate talent at that position.

Top Bottom