Official 2017 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

Just for fun, take a guess how long it's been since we received a commitment from a prep DT that is currently on the roster???

Answer: Gary Moore 2.5 years ago...

We can reset the clock

With 10 commitments, and according to Claeys numbers on Sid, it looks like the will only ink 7-8
more kids
Current rankings of the class:
Scout #53
247 #60
Rivals #69

So we now have 7-8 commits remaining for this class. Here's my guess at how the remaining spots unfold:

QB- 0 We haven't made this a priority. It seems like the staff is okay without a QB in this class given that we took 2 last year.
RB- 0 London's the guy unless we add an absolute blue-chip back.
OL-0 I think both Kittrell (Nebraska) and Gaynor (Miami) have a medium-to-high probability to flip if they get their dream offers. We need at least 4 o-lineman, so we keep recruiting.
WR- 0-1 not a priority since we took 3 last class and have a lot of underclassmen.
TE-1
DE -2 Huge need
DT - 1 See above
LB- 1
CB - 1
S - 1

It's not even August yet and we're practically done recruiting for offense.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

So we now have 7-8 commits remaining for this class. Here's my guess at how the remaining spots unfold:

QB- 0 We haven't made this a priority. It seems like the staff is okay without a QB in this class given that we took 2 last year.
RB- 0 London's the guy unless we add an absolute blue-chip back.
OL-0 I think both Kittrell (Nebraska) and Gaynor (Miami) have a medium-to-high probability to flip if they get their dream offers. We need at least 4 o-lineman, so we keep recruiting.
WR- 0-1 not a priority since we took 3 last class and have a lot of underclassmen.
TE-1
DE -2 Huge need
DT - 1 See above
LB- 1
CB - 1
S - 1

It's not even August yet and we're practically done recruiting for offense.

I feel like you can never have too many linemen.... MOAR!

He will de-commit at least 3 more times before February.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He decommitted from Iowa three times to pick .... Indiana...?

I'm no Iowa fan but that seems like a bigger stage than Indiana...

Noah Gindorff commits to NDSU.....TE from Crosby'-Ironton. He camped at Minnesota, but didn't receive a offer.Funny....3 guys at 247 had him going to Minnesota.

Noah Gindorff commits to NDSU.....TE from Crosby'-Ironton. He camped at Minnesota, but didn't receive a offer.Funny....3 guys at 247 had him going to Minnesota.

He'll do well there, thought he might get a Gopher offer.

Decatur Daily: Minnesota offers West Limestone player

The Minnesota Golden Gophers want West Limestone’s Reed Blankenship to join the team.

Minnesota is the first school from a Power Five conference to offer the West Limestone senior a football scholarship.

Blankenship (6-foot-2, 180-pounds) stars at quarterback, receiver and defensive back for the Wildcats. He has been clocked at 4.5 seconds in the 40-yard dash.

Last season, he rushed for 1,134 yards, passed for 616 yards and accounted for 23 touchdowns. On defense, he recorded 74 tackles, two interceptions and ran one fumble back for a touchdown. Colleges are recruiting him as a defensive back.

Minnesota’s offer is the 13th for Blankenship. He holds offers from Middle Tennessee State, Tulane, Samford, Mercer, Georgia State, Arkansas State, Central Arkansas, Arkansas Tech, Tennessee-Martin, Western Carolina, Alabama A&M and Marist University.

http://www.decaturdaily.com/sports/...cle_31882d89-ead7-55c1-b399-0d76633e4bc5.html

Go Gophers!!

If we offered we could probably flip him, but my guess they either have other targets or they liked the kid from Woodbury who committed better

per Sid:

• Juawan Treadwell was all set to join the Illinois football team until the Gophers offered him a scholarship, and the fact that his brother Laquon Treadwell will be playing with the Vikings had the defensive back from suburban Chicago stop to consider the offer.

• The Gophers football program has set a recent record for early commitments with 10 already for the Class of 2017.

• One reason the Gophers got a commitment from Javan Hawes, a three-star receiver out of Tyrone, Ga., is because his grandmother lives in Minneapolis.

http://www.startribune.com/rick-spielman-vikings-putting-their-focus-on-the-here-and-now/388760241/

Go Gophers!!

Juawan. Do. It.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He needs an offer first.

Noah Gindorff camped with the Gophers, but did not get an offer. He looks like a good all around athlete. At a minimum a good walk on candidate. There are only so many scholarship slots open.

[video]http://www.hudl.com/video/3/2809614/5721dbea0428ae20e4d96337[/video]

He needs an offer first.

Noah Gindorff camped with the Gophers, but did not get an offer. He looks like a good all around athlete. At a minimum a good walk on candidate. There are only so many scholarship slots open.

[video]http://www.hudl.com/video/3/2809614/5721dbea0428ae20e4d96337[/video]

He's committed to NDSU. We'd need offer him.scholarship

Any news on Van Ginkel? I think he would be an instant impact on the DL.

I had hoped that J Johnson and B Mafe would have an offer by now..

Top Bottom