All Things Gopher Baseball

Opposing coach had 2021 commit Seth Clausen at 92 mph FB and 80 mph CB last night. With still a year to get better!

2020 IOWA baseball season is over. Seth Clausen 2021 commit lost 4-5. Opposing pitcher sat 95 at 100 pitches and hit 98 facing Clausen. Best ever recorded in IOWA hs! Hats off to him.

2020 IOWA baseball season is over. Seth Clausen 2021 commit lost 4-5. Opposing pitcher sat 95 at 100 pitches and hit 98 facing Clausen. Best ever recorded in IOWA hs! Hats off to him.

What is that kid’s name? We may be hearing about that pitcher again one day.

Anybody know any 2021 schedule opponents/dates?

I am fairly sure the Baseball (and Softball) schedules both traditionally come out in mid-November; based solely on my memory (which is not perfect... but not terrible either).

Obviously, who knows how schedules will be released in the COVID era..

d1baseball.com writer tweeting Big 10 will be conference only games for baseball (and softball). Bummer.

d1baseball.com writer tweeting Big 10 will be conference only games for baseball (and softball). Bummer.

I am super bummed. Any idea WHERE these games will be played when the season starts? They certainly can’t be played in northern ballparks in 20 degree temps with snow on the ground. They better be competing against each other in Florida in February or else they will have half the season that the SEC teams get.

I am super bummed. Any idea WHERE these games will be played when the season starts? They certainly can’t be played in northern ballparks in 20 degree temps with snow on the ground. They better be competing against each other in Florida in February or else they will have half the season that the SEC teams get.
Maybe they play a lot of games at U.S. Bank or maybe they use this year as a test run for the new proposal that had a lot of steam on moving the season back.

Maybe they play a lot of games at U.S. Bank or maybe they use this year as a test run for the new proposal that had a lot of steam on moving the season back.

There are people that know a lot more about this than me but is it realistically possible to move the Big Ten season back? How? -Unless the NCAA moves back its national tournament. But how can they do that? - unless these summer seasonal leagues like the Cape Cod league also move back their season. And they can’t do that because then it runs into the start of the college academic year at a lot of universities. And they are not going to change their college calendar. Just too many dominoes have to fall to move back the Big Ten baseball season isn’t there?

The article below has additional details. Mainly, that all travel will be done by bus, and that conference schools can play additional games against other conference members as non-conference games.

There are people that know a lot more about this than me but is it realistically possible to move the Big Ten season back? How? -Unless the NCAA moves back its national tournament. But how can they do that? - unless these summer seasonal leagues like the Cape Cod league also move back their season. And they can’t do that because then it runs into the start of the college academic year at a lot of universities. And they are not going to change their college calendar. Just too many dominoes have to fall to move back the Big Ten baseball season isn’t there?
I'm talking about the proposal to move back the entire baseball season. It really has sounded like the latest proposal has a lot of steam. They had been targeting 2022 to start the proposal but maybe they could move it up a year?

Get ready for Gopher Baseball Signing Week

Monday, Feb. 1 - Friday, Feb. 5

2 #Gophers introduced daily

Full class announced Friday Follow along on social as we announce our complete 2021 recruiting class!

Sounds like an early March start with the first few weekends being played down south, maybe Texas. Also sounds like they will be playing 4 game series on the weekends.

Where is the best place to watch Gopher baseball games online?

Schedule is out!!

Last edited:

I am excited for this year. But probably one of the things that I was most disappointed about COVID shutting down for us last season, was the chance to watch Max Meyer pitch in a Big Ten season/Big Ten Tournament on the Big Ten Network in 2020. I really was exited to see him in a Gopher uniform on the BTN for one more season.

Oh well. Life happens. On to 2021 and this new Gopher ball club.

The fact that they can’t play games against other conferences is just stupid. Covid didn’t stop basketball teams from playing non conference games. There’s a lot more space in baseball than basketball although there is more spitting in baseball.

Top Bottom