Sid: Gopher hockey tickets increased 195,085 to 212,325; student tix fell

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Sid:

The Gophers men’s basketball and hockey teams showed an increase in overall ticket sales between the 2012-13 and 2013-14 seasons. The men’s hockey team went from 195,085 to 212,325, with those numbers including the Hockey City Classic and North Star College Cup, but student ticket sales actually fell from 16,507 to 12,321.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/wolves/259741591.html?page=all&prepage=1&c=y#continue

Go Gophers!!

per Sid:

The Gophers men’s basketball and hockey teams showed an increase in overall ticket sales between the 2012-13 and 2013-14 seasons. The men’s hockey team went from 195,085 to 212,325, with those numbers including the Hockey City Classic and North Star College Cup, but student ticket sales actually fell from 16,507 to 12,321.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/wolves/259741591.html?page=all&prepage=1&c=y#continue

Go Gophers!!

well we can definitely see the impact of the Big Ten schedule on students. not good.

well we can definitely see the impact of the Big Ten schedule on students. not good.
That is pretty disappointing. The one relevant men's team on campus... Tickets are only $99 for the upcoming year. I wonder what they were this year? I know that's cheaper than a few years ago.

That is pretty disappointing. The one relevant men's team on campus... Tickets are only $99 for the upcoming year. I wonder what they were this year? I know that's cheaper than a few years ago.

I'm sure from student perspective they miss their definition "rivalries" with UND, SCSU, UMD, etc. that they knew were going to be there. I know I attended the OSU game after the Outdoor game and student section was crickets. I think a split 50/50 down Big Ten conference didn't help with OSU, MSU, and PSU all sucking this year for large stretches, especially when those were our majorly non-rivalry based games.

The team is going to be the favorite to win the national championship going into next year. If you're not willing to shell out a hundred bucks to watch them play, I just don't get it. You'll get Mankato, Notre Dame, and one of UMD/SCSU. Michigan and wisconsin will always be good games. Penn State is the last weekend of the year, which could certainly involve the lifting of a trophy.

Top Bottom