Rochester Post Bulletin: Loss hurt, but Lucia still wallows in hockey season

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the Post Bulletin:

Don Lucia hasn't looked back at the tape of his Gophers' men's hockey national championship game loss to Union College.

He's too busy for that. Likely not quite in the mood, either.

But Lucia's mood was upbeat Monday as he gathered with other Gophers coaches to speak at the annual Golden Gopher Fund Rochester Social at Somerby Golf Course. Lucia wasn't just feeling good because he's been allowed to catch his breath after a season that ended April 12 in Philadelphia. He was feeling good as he reflected on how well the last seven months had gone.

That included his team — which he said was led by his small crop of seniors — finishing 28-7-6 overall.

"This team really had some returning players who developed," Lucia said. "We only had five seniors, but they were really important to the team. For me, this was a really enjoyable group. One of the most enjoyable ones I've ever coached. We had guys who really bought into what we were trying to accomplish.

"A lot of people talked about the new guys we had and how good they were. But it was our seniors who were really important. We had some great role players."

http://www.postbulletin.com/sports/...cle_ff2f8b4d-f5d6-54fe-a0d8-88cae980d472.html

Go Gophers!!

per the Post Bulletin:

Don Lucia hasn't looked back at the tape of his Gophers' men's hockey national championship game loss to Union College.

He's too busy for that. Likely not quite in the mood, either.

But Lucia's mood was upbeat Monday as he gathered with other Gophers coaches to speak at the annual Golden Gopher Fund Rochester Social at Somerby Golf Course. Lucia wasn't just feeling good because he's been allowed to catch his breath after a season that ended April 12 in Philadelphia. He was feeling good as he reflected on how well the last seven months had gone.

That included his team — which he said was led by his small crop of seniors — finishing 28-7-6 overall.

"This team really had some returning players who developed," Lucia said. "We only had five seniors, but they were really important to the team. For me, this was a really enjoyable group. One of the most enjoyable ones I've ever coached. We had guys who really bought into what we were trying to accomplish.

"A lot of people talked about the new guys we had and how good they were. But it was our seniors who were really important. We had some great role players."

http://www.postbulletin.com/sports/...cle_ff2f8b4d-f5d6-54fe-a0d8-88cae980d472.html

Go Gophers!!

If he gets everyone to come back and buy in, expectations are absolutely nothing less than a national title.

Top Bottom