Former Gophers QB Phillip Nelson arrested in his hometown of Mankato for assault

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that those who want this thread killed take the time to click on the thread and then post that they want it killed, rather than just ignore it, is comical. What a bunch of whiny and needy little babies.

The fact that those who want this thread killed take the time to click on the thread and then post that they want it killed, rather than just ignore it, is comical. What a bunch of whiny and needy little babies.

FU too, DUMB. We open and read stuff that displays total lack of anything from the commentors. That is what is comical.

Funny - I think the same thing every time I see this thread back on top. The same people saying the same thing over and over and over and over and over. Be assured CRG, if you haven't convinced someone to come to your side in your first 237 posts on this subject (all using different words to say the same thing) you won't in future ones either.

Kill this thread.

So I assume there's someone standing directly behind you with a gun to your head right now forcing you to click on this thread, right? Otherwise you look like a total fool. If you want to be a dorky message board policeman then become a mod. Until then quit telling people what they can post, when they can post, and where they can post.

FU too, DUMB. We open and read stuff that displays total lack of anything from the commentors. That is what is comical.

You're absolutely proving my point by just being in this thread. Everytime you and the others that want it locked post in this thread you are proving my point. Ignore the damn thread! My God.

So I assume there's someone standing directly behind you with a gun to your head right now forcing you to click on this thread, right? Otherwise you look like a total fool. If you want to be a dorky message board policeman then become a mod. Until then quit telling people what they can post, when they can post, and where they can post.

You can't post that. Not now and not here.

You're absolutely proving my point by just being in this thread. Everytime you and the others that want it locked post in this thread you are proving my point. Ignore the damn thread! My God.

But you come here suppprting everything that has been said over and over again ad nauseum. Do you ever share anything new? NOPE!!!

But you come here suppprting everything that has been said over and over again ad nauseum. Do you ever share anything new? NOPE!!!

Now that's really funny but also sadly true.

Now you've done it DMB. Deputy Fife has hiked up his pants and now he's fumbling through his pockets looking for the lone bullet for his gun.

Update on Issac: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/isaackolstad/journal/view/id/53c4abd3af3d798f4b086ed1

Isaac has a habit of beating his personal records in Physical Therapy these days. Each day he accomplishes longer and stronger walks. This weekend he walked 1000 feet in a session and walked with the assist of one physical therapist for 200 feet for the first time!
He is working really hard in Occupational Therapy to regain movement in his right arm. While Isaac’s left arm and leg are functional, strong, and have full movement, his right arm and leg are having trouble coming around. Walking has helped his right leg tremendously already, so we are hopeful the exercises in OT will start to bring back the strength and functionality in his right arm. He has started to participate more in dressing and grooming. He is now washing his own face and following more directions from his nurses and therapists.
Isaac enjoys spending time with his visitors. He is very engaged in the conversations and laughs when we tell jokes and stories of “remember when”. We are starting to see him really try to participate in the conversation by making attempts to say words. We know he has said yes and no, and are pretty sure he has said “see ya” and “hi” as well. Isaac will give us a yes or no by shaking his head as well and when we ask him questions he will usually give us an answer. We have given Isaac the cell phone and he will even try to talk back to those on the other end. He is just right on the verge of talking to us! Isaac had a surprise visit this week from his Neurosurgeon from Mayo-Mankato. It was incredibly special seeing them together again. For over a month, that hospital was our second home. Isaac's care team was amazing and we appreciate their care for Isaac and their care for us as well. Not only did they save Isaac's life and make him healthy once again, they also made sure we as his caregivers and our girls were taken care of us well. They are loving and concerned individuals that became apart of our extended family during our time there. They are a wonderful group of people and we owe a great amount of thanks to them! We have certainly come a LONG way from that first night already, but still many hurdles to over come as we look ahead.

Associated Press: Ex-Gopher quarterback seeks medical records

An attorney for a former Minnesota Gophers quarterback accused in an assault wants medical records of the victim's brain injuries.

Nelson's attorney, Jim Fleming, wants CT scans that were taken at Mayo Clinic Health Systems in Mankato. Fleming says he needs the scans to determine whether the punch and Kolstad's fall to the ground or the kick to the head caused the most brain damage. Another man, Trevor Shelley, is accused of punching Kolstad.

http://www.sctimes.com/story/news/l...r-quarterback-seeks-medical-records/12830989/

Go Gophers!!

Associated Press: Ex-Gopher quarterback seeks medical records

An attorney for a former Minnesota Gophers quarterback accused in an assault wants medical records of the victim's brain injuries.

Nelson's attorney, Jim Fleming, wants CT scans that were taken at Mayo Clinic Health Systems in Mankato. Fleming says he needs the scans to determine whether the punch and Kolstad's fall to the ground or the kick to the head caused the most brain damage. Another man, Trevor Shelley, is accused of punching Kolstad.

http://www.sctimes.com/story/news/l...r-quarterback-seeks-medical-records/12830989/

Go Gophers!!

We pretty much knew this was coming.

We pretty much knew this was coming.

Yeah. Thanks for the update Bleed. This is not an unexpected or controversial development. If he is facing charges based upon the harm he allegedly caused, then anyone in his position would obviously want the records about the harm to do their own analysis of how it was caused.

KEYC: Philip Nelson Court Hearing Scheduled Today

The former Mankato West quarterback accused in an assault is scheduled to be in court today.

Philip Nelson is charged with first-degree assault as a result of a confrontation with former Mankato East and Minnesota State, Mankato, football player Isaac Kolstad in downtown Mankato May 11.

http://www.keyc.com/story/26067773/philip-nelson-court-hearing-scheduled-today

Go Gophers!!

Yeah. Thanks for the update Bleed. This is not an unexpected or controversial development. If he is facing charges based upon the harm he allegedly caused, then anyone in his position would obviously want the records about the harm to do their own analysis of how it was caused.

Actually, this request is pretty telling- Attorney states we need the data to complete that portion the defense' = small part of the defense. they are 95% going for Phil was the victim and was knocked senseless and is still struggling with health issues.

A little disinformation on the Attorney's part. The legal standard is whether the kick 'Substantially Contributed' to Kolstad's injury . It's the difference between 1st and 3rd degree assault. I believe that we may get a trial date soon.

Actually, this request is pretty telling- Attorney states we need the data to complete that portion the defense' = small part of the defense. they are 95% going for Phil was the victim and was knocked senseless and is still struggling with health issues.

Phil was attacked and had to defend himself. I'm just thankful that the whites in Mankato didn't loot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom